Reviews for "Pareidolic War"

I really really enjoyed the build up at the beginning as it leads towards the piano, very emotive and it just sounds so 'layered'. The progression and pace of the piece is just right too. The music is great and I really enjoyed listening to it :) Good look in the competition!

Phonometrologist responds:

That means a lot man. Thank you.
Here's a secret in regards to the build up...just in case one isn't aware of the technique: it's really the same piano that is heard in the piece but reversed and time stretched. ;-)

Excellent. Most excellent. ♥♥♥

Phonometrologist responds:

Thank you, thank you. In total, how many hearts do you have to give exactly, and where do you find them?

That piano riff starting at 1:17 nearly brought me to tears, all of those modulations gives the rest of the song a much more aged vibe; as if this war has been going on forever. This is definitely something I appreciately vastly, and the rest of the piece feeds off that mood set at the beginning. The laidback sense of despair around 3:45 definitely makes this song; a small climax for an ever continuing struggle. Good job and good luck man :)

Phonometrologist responds:

That piano riff right there is a short chord progression that was inspired by Bach. The key thing about those three chords is in the descending bass line for the minor One chord to get to the major Sixth. In between is a minor fifth in the first inversion so the bass line is D>C>B. The only problem is that Bach goes over brilliant stuff too fast so I attempted to savor it a bit in this piece. So my mentality in that piano section was a bit more traditional so as to get an "aged vibe." I appreciate you interpreting the piece as well since that is where the art comes in. This war has been going on forever as it goes beyond just our own flesh and blood.