Reviews for "Swan Lullaby"

That staccatto violin/viola in addition to the flute gives me some sort of Runescapey nostralgia.

Some criticism:
I think the tubas deserve a little EQ tweaking, and those sustained violins require some refinement, in my opinion. It sounds like they're stealing space from all the other instruments. I think the best way to fix that would be to give the violins a bunch of attack so that they "rev up" instead of starting immediately. Sounds kind of unnatural.

If that doesn't suit you, you could always check out other violin VSTs. (What software did you use for this song, by the way?)

Maybe I'm just being picky. Those are my thoughts anyways.

Apart from that, you did a WONDERFUL job with the ambience. I get the chills when those pads cut in at the beginning.

Also; I'm not sure, but I think we may have used the exact rain-and-thunder sample from Freesound. It may not be as audible in my song, but you might notice it (http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/574205).

Good job, sire. Hope to hear more great stuff like this in the future. Keep it up.

Faved and followed!

//Kabalist.

Chemiqals responds:

Thanks for the feedback! I used the standard Kontakt library for most of the orchestral instruments. It's all I really have access to at the moment. I'd KILL for some more unique VSTs, but I'm happy that I was even able to make something like this at all! =P

We certainly could have used the same rain samples, cause I did get these from Freesound (with some tweaks here and there in Adobe Audition)! ^_^

Thanks for listening, and I'm really glad that you enjoyed it! ♥♥♥

Really nice. The opening gives a nostalgic feeling. The melody is sweet. I was expecting it to repeat at 2:04 but was pleasantly surprised that there was variation :) My only criticism is that when the piece is at its busiest (beginning 01:27) the drum feels panned too much to the left which is distracting. But it is really pleasant overall, good luck :)

Chemiqals responds:

Thank you so much! One of my goals with this song was to push myself to not be super repetitive. I think that's been one of my biggest weaknesses in the past. I really wanted it to feel like a dynamic song with peaks and valleys. Not gonna lie... I smiled pretty wide when I read that you expected the melody to repeat itself but got pleasantly surprised when it didn't. Because it probably would have if I made this song a few months ago! =P

Puts me at a peace. <: Like everyone said below, transitions could really tie this beautifully, except, I actually love the 2:39 transition, it's a droney glassy trip everytime :0. but what do I know about transitions LOL. You have a beautiful mind to me. :) always make music

Chemiqals responds:

Thank you. It means a lot to hear something like that! ♥♥♥

*Sighs* All of the good feelings.
It's like a combination of Wind Waker only on Ocarina of Time for the 64. I feel like the song needed some background pads or some soft strings in the first half of the song. I feel like the tuba could have some reverb to make it seem more authentic.
Oh the good feels. You've gained another fan

Chemiqals responds:

Oh wow, thanks for pointing that out! I actually did have some reverb on the Tuba, but I accidentally left the effect off when I exported it! I re-uploaded it with the reverb back in place! (Though you might have to clear your cache to actually hear the changes). I'm so glad you enjoyed it though and I'm happy to have you as a new fan! =)

Love this :D. Really reminds me of when I was a little kid. It's simillar to the music in the games I would play when I was little :). Really liked your choice of instruments in this one :D. All of them blends perfectly together, and I really liked the transitions. Some of them are a bit abrupt, as johnfn said, but I think it gives this song it's own charm :). I really enjoyed listening to this, and you just continued to surprise throughout which really kept the interest up :D.
Another great piece this :).

-Ectisity

Chemiqals responds:

Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I definitely wanted the transitions to be a little abrupt to give a feeling of mystery and surprise as to what would happen next. The only one I wasn't 100% on was the transition at 2:39. I feel like it works as a sort of book end with the transition that came before it, but I'm sure it could be improved somehow! Anyway, thanks again! =)