Reviews for "Bloop 'Lanet"

Impressive. I want THIS for my shower curtain!

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

Hope your next shower curtain’s mould resistant. They all look crap once you’ve got a layer of something black creeping up from the base.

... erm, yeah, I mean thanks!

Great !

Thanks, chapo!

Not going to say much, because this pixel art totally speaks by itself, but going to mention that this octopus is what I needed to remake one of my coffee-tentacles art. Thank you for bringing this into the world.

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

Thanks for the kind words.

Mildly off-topic, but I’ve just caught your newspost with the Aftertile gameplay animations and mushroom backgrounds. They’re wonderful.

I’m really intrigued about what your coffee-tentacles art will look like.

This is amazing! Even with pixels, the details are easy to see. I noticed that the octopus is calm as the fish would speed through with their everyday lives. What tool did you use to create this and how did you do it?

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

Thanks chap. This is pure Photoshop, but the next best equivalent is Gimp.

For things like this, working in layers is a godsend, as it allows to move stuff around, hide things temporarily, or test things out and scrap them if they don’t work.

Looks like he's just leisurely lounging around amidst the food here. :) So many fish too! Impressive detail, even if it seems like they're not all individually drawn, but repeated... albeit in a less noticeable pattern than on that shower curtain.

Form and all looks great, though wonder about the streams of white in the background, it seems more like a shower curtain hue than an actual water surface, or bottom sand... realism fades, but overall: looks amazing! Smooth forms and so much detail.

-cd-

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

Thanks CD! The fish were the starting point, but it’s tough to be satisfied by a load of fish.

Yeah the streams ... I wanted something to break apart the blue in the background, but looking through underwater photos the only feasible option is to have rays of light shining through the water. Doesn’t quite work if I want a tileable pic, though! I had to settle with surface waves.