Reviews for "Duty Hill"

no option to return to menu after you die...

This is a decent, basic defense game...except that when you lose a round you are forced to re-fight it with no option to use your accumulated cash to improve your load-out (or even to return to main menu). Given the otherwise polished nature of this game, maybe this was an attempt to be "different" or "realistic", but really it just ruins it for me. Fix that, and you would get an 8 or maybe even 9.

could be a lot better

this is ok, for a defense shooter. but it's really out of context, chernobyl is a desolate radioactive wasteland the least you could be doing is killing mutants or zombies or something. plus like others have said the weapons (bar the smg) are next to useless, you can play through pretty much the whole game with it peice of cake. its a good start but it needs a lot of work

That's it?

You should better add health and reload upgrades cause all weapons except pistol are lame so there's no pint upgrading those. Since there are more and more better enemies I'd like to stay alive longer right?

Not bad, but....

Its a good basis for a game but you need more guns maybe grenades. heck even a upgradable turret would be nice. All im sayin is I had all this money and nothing to spend it on after I bought out the armory. so all in all good game just could use some expanding.

Old concept Sniper is OP Strawberry jam is stupid.

It's about average, better done then other defense games like it granted but still pretty done, and playing through it I tried out all the different weapons and after having them all and upgraded most of them I only ever Used the sniper rifle because it can shoot so fast (semi-auto) has next to unlimited piercing, does 1-2 shot kills, and has NO (or next to no) bloom making it impossible to miss with

Now I was going to give this a 7
but then the crap hit the fan, or more properly the strawberry jam hit the screen
I was trying out the other guns to see if anything could best the sniper rifle (no they can't) and while trying that and a sniper shot me while I wasn't really paying attention and trying to aim, and the screen got gushed over
what kind of moron came up with the mechanic of "Well he's about to die and needs to really pull off something awesome to get out of it... so instead of playing epic music or making things lose a bit of color and putting a flashing red border or a beeping sound, LET'S JUST TOTALLY BLIND THEM"

because yes, when someone shoots you in a game like this, it makes perfect sense to make it so you can't see what the heck you're doing -sarcasm-

all that being said, I think I've made my point clear for my score
and before anyone rages "oh your score sucks"
it's a 6
that's ABOVE average
and compared to other masterpiece games on this site that's actually being honest (if not generous)

I see others say more guns and variety and I will agree with that, but I would rather see balance come before variety, put some time between shots on the sniper for crying out loud, (and some small bloom on the pistol because that one is also pretty broken)