Reviews for "Melee Man"

nice game

here is one thing that you need to add : 1 more heart , cos every time i reach phase 5on boss on lvl 15 i remain with 1 hp

P.S 1-3 are easy 4 is normal 5 is hard , and is not impossible , if i can reach phase 5 without dieing , then someone might do even better

Give yourself the credit

A very competently-put together little game. A few pointers however...

For example your tutorial is... I don't want to say unnecessary, but for lack of a better word, it is. You have good level design. For example. "Go through the door to advance." Oh frabjous day! I never knew what these door things in real life were for! They're like magical portals to other realms!

Also, give your level design some credit. "You can hold to jump higher" Again, you placed a platform out of tap range. I figured it out within 2 seconds that I needed to hold the button. I don't need a giant flashy text box to tell me I can't jump that high, I just realized it myself. Your level design teaches players through play. Same with the locky door mechanic. Cut the signage altogether. "Oh hey look a door this level's easy oh wait there's a giant keyhole thingy on it. Why can't I advance? Wait, I'll use my brain! Hm... well what usually goes in keyholes..."

See what I mean? Also, if you're gonna have the cute little advance stage thing in a mainly keyboard game, please, please please please make it able to be selected through the keyboard. It's very awkward to have to reach over for the mouse every four seconds to click "Yes I would like to continue playing, you just asked me at the end of the last one."

Overall, a wonderful aesthetic and well executed, but the tutorial feels a bit like I'm being hit over the head with signage.

Good..not great

While reading some comments, I find that all of my generation is reminded of the good old days (when game controllers had less buttons than a computer keyboard). I gotta say, the game itself wasn't half bad. In fact it was kinda good. The music took me back to the pre 64-bit days. This is a good thing. The only real disappointments for me were 2 things:
1) WAY too short.
2) Not much melee for a game called melee man. The only weapon was ranged.

The short and sweet: Make it longer and either change the name or the weapon. XD

its a great game and all, but the boss is a bit tough. in level 15, im having a hard time with the boss as it progresses. other than that, keep it up.

Really Great Game! Reminds Me Of All the Fun I Had With The GBC With The Art Style. Great Job With The Difficult Bosses!