Reviews for "Zombie Swarm- Survive"

Hey, not bad at all!

When I started playing I expected it to be a bad game. To tell you the truth I usually judge a game by it's looks. But when I started playing I thought 'this is my kind of zombie game'.

There are some things I disliked though. For example, bullets are too expensive. I assume you want players to aim and shoot carefully, but this isn't what I did. Because of the fact that every bullet goes through the zombies, I just kept moving arround until they all were together and then, I shot them and they all died together. It's kinda absurd :P

I think the environment is a little empty, and that you could add some things to it. For example, a car, making you think that is how the protagonist ended there.

I don't know if you'll improve it or if you will just leave it like it is, whatever you do, it's better than I inicially expected.

Sumo148 responds:

Thanks for the response! I totally agree with you that the scenery is a little bare. Before this, my game was situated in a building with multiple turrets, floors, and walls. Unfortunately my partner that was making my advanced AI (pathfinding, hearing footsteps, line of sight, roaming, etc) disappeared so I had to strip down the map so zombie collision wouldn't be a problem with the game. The AI is just a simple chase algorithm. This also lead to the problem that zombies bunch up together. I was trying to find a way to keep them from overlappIng while still chasing the player without slowing down. Since I was pressed for time, I didn't really worry about it, but I'll take your ideas into consideration after the competition ends and add them into the game. Thank you!

Pretty Good!

Man, I've checked out the other entries for this contest. They all SUCK, if compared to this one.

This is a great piece of art made in TGF2, I assume. Pretty fun to play, and sickly hard, too (while on hard/insane). You made really a great piece of work. Of course, it's not perfect - these kind of games, when made in TGF2/MMF2 tend to lag a lot. I presume you did clearly a great job on polishing the code so it won't.
It's way better than my Zombie Arena, in my sincere opinion. Graphics are great, screen effects are AWESOME - and I particularly LOVED the demon zombie rounds, pretty creative you are.

9/10. Congratulations, you have a serious chance of winning!

Sumo148 responds:

Thanks man! Yeah i just checked out your Zombie Arena game, its pretty good. I liked how your weapons upgraded as you went, interesting concept. I'm glad you liked all the graphics and effects. I drew them all out myself! :D

A few things

Sometimes when you shoot you see a flash of the bullet in the wrong angle and you can get attacked while buying stuff, other than that the game was ok.

Sumo148 responds:

The flash of the bullet isn't really a bug, its just that the game was lagging so that you could see it being created before the angle was fixed. Sadly TGF2 exporting the game makes it lag for some reason, but if I export it in MMF2 it works fine. For this compo I had to export it in TGF2 so its fine for now I guess. I wanted to add a sense of insecurity when you go to the shop. Quick dash in, buy it, and get out. It's best to do this in between rounds and remember to use the Escape key to quickly leave the stores. Thanks for the comment!

Pretty Good!

I liked this a lot! But there are some things I couldn't quite get. Grenades didn't work, I couldn't do much except for shoot run and go to the shop. I liked the graphics. something else is I would make the shots disappear when they hit a zombie.

Sumo148 responds:

For the grenades you hold down the G button and use the mouse to throw them. Thanks for the support :)