Reviews for "§Arbiter§ MAC6 - TANKMEN Theme"

Very nice

I think this is a pretty damn good song. It could fit well with the Tankmen series. Though it seems to be missing something. I'm really not sure at all what it is unfortunately. I really wish I could tell you to make this a great review but I just can't quite figure it out. The drums sound awesome as always. The strings sound great you've done a good job of getting them to fit the moment. It's really starting to bu me that I can't figure out what's missing hmm sorry man I'll listen to the song a lot and let you know if I think of it later. Overall though very nicely done.

hmm

U know this would be great if it didn't sound so much like every other war theme and well everything sent into the contest. The instruments were not really the best choice in my opinion like an oboe leading the way in a theme is not the best. your beat sounded exactly like the other submissions. He also said if i remember correctly that he was looking for a soundtrack not a war theme. If every track sounds the same y bother having a contest? Well i hope i didn't offend u. my new rule is when somone gives me a rough review i return it in a similiar tough fashion. Thx for not touching the score u have made that luxury for yourself. I know it seems dumb wut i am saying but iam really tired of the same reviews i think its my unwillingness to change.

Arbiter responds:

First off; I might seem defensive here, but I believe it is with reason.
The only valid point I see you have here is actually the oboe.
"If I remember correctly he was looking for soundtrack, not a war theme" is probably one of the more inaccurate and by all means, idiot things I've heard.
War Themes are among the things that are most prominent in the soundtrack industry, and soundtrack in itself isn't really a genre but "Music made to fit a general situation". Second off, the "beat" was like every other submission?
You'll have to explain that one bro, as every submission here has been different. And "every" track sounding the same? The only remotely alike thing between me and some others would be having an orchestra as the instrumental package. There's metal, ambient, classical and other genres, and I really can't see the similiarities.

I wasn't offended, I was merely irritated by false accusations.
But you've proven my point even more.
People here claims to want criticsm, and when they get it, They become less inclined to be nice.
What you really want is everyone to be loving you and never actually saying anything negative about your music.
So in all basic; You're still following up the whole "Hug each other" instead of improving.

If you're not willing to change, You won't improve at all. So sorry man, I can't really symphatise with you on this one. I still hold no grudge agianst you, even though you do that to me.

-Chris.

very nice

Im not sure if it says "tankmen" to me persay. But if i took this piece aside of that one moment. It's very well developed. The beginning is very medieval, and the whole thing is very epic. The snare and timpani give it a marching kind of feel, which helps to give the piece a good flow (and adds to the tankmen idea.) If i can critise one thing, it would be the snare sounds a little hollow and tinny. The ending is very abrupt, would be perfect for the title to come up just at that moment. Overall nice piece. I think it may just be lacking the comedy edge to pull off tankmen, but nonetheless another brilliant piece!!! Keep it up!

Excellent song and theme...

It just didn't strike me as "the Newgraounds theme". I imagine the theme to be more intense. Just my opinion though 8P

good thing I'm not a judge, eh?

10/10, 5/5

Ugh!

Wonder if i should bother entering the contest!It felt like national hymn!Perhaps it should be the official Newgrounds Hymn,lol!

Arbiter responds:

Don't be discouraged by my piece, I'm pretty positive you could whip up something really great yourself, so don't quit on us just yet :)
Thanks for comments.