Reviews for "Missilebreak Outvaders"

Great mix

Love the combination between these 3 games, and i really enjoy the music.

Very good.

You managed to combine three classic games excellently. The execution was mostly perfect (music, graphics, everything) but I do have one qualm. When my cities are all gone, it doesn't give me game-over immediately, which leaves me with nothing to defend, just freedom to destroy the aliens willy-nilly. The major point here is that you sometimes get cities back and the end of the level once you have enough points, and this will stop you from getting game-over no matter how reckless you were after loosing your last city.

jonathansfox responds:

This is intentional -- we felt it would be more rewarding to be able to claw your way back by earning a bonus city after all of yours are destroyed than to lose immediately. We did make sure you can't do this in successive waves, by ensuring that you don't get enough points to earn a new city every wave.

Great Game!

Altough at first, It was kinda confusing, but after a few levels or so, this game blew me away! 9/10!

@Punkman-z
I think your cities were destroied. When your cities are destroied, the turn yellow, but I think you thought they were still standing.

Better than the original

I remember the original game, this is more fun. Instead of shooting a single shot, manipulating your opponents attacks makes it all the more interesting.

great game

The game was actually surprisngly good. At first glance i though to myself "man, this is so boring". Then, i started to play more and more and realized that it was actually quite fun. The game picks up when more missiles start to circulate and also become faster and faster.

The controls themselves are really good, altough an keyboard-alternative would've been good. The mouse sometimes gets off screen when you need to do a quick swift and then you're left open.

Graphics: like they're supposed to be. I love the whole pixelated arcade-feel and would'nt want anything else. Good job!

Music: Very good song. It completes the oldschool feel and adds that little extra. When you die and it feels frustrating to play it all over it becomes less so because of it.

Last but not least, the medals. They add very much to the enjoyment of every game and you did the right thing by including them.

jonathansfox responds:

I agree that the mouse running off the bottom/top of the screen is really annoying, but keyboard just doesn't have enough analog control for the game's pace of play. The mouse allows everything from a slow, precise shift that enables aiming bounces to hit the last couple enemies, to wild, erratic swings that literally jump across screen in one or two frames and allow hitting multiple missiles is super quick succession, and everything in between. The keyboard just can't compete with that. It's kind of like console controllers auto-aiming in shooters, but not needing that feature if you're playing a PC shooter and have a mouse -- the mouse is just an awesome control device and allows control and precision unmatched by alternatives.