Reviews for "Missilebreak Outvaders"

Great mix

Love the combination between these 3 games, and i really enjoy the music.

epic but...

my citys exploded and no red bullets near them ): i lost on wave 7 ):

jonathansfox responds:

Blue missiles will destroy your cities just as well as red ones. :)

Very good

And I mean it.
A mix between space invaders and wallbreaker can be a nice idea. But like those two original games, it should have a limited interest, particularly when you take the very first version of each, with no power-ups. And as it should have a limited interest, the player should got bored fast.

But, obviously it's not a single mix. And 2 colors give this game its savor and its consistency : those missiles that you can reflect constitute the essence of this little game, and make it definitely addictive.
It force you to distinguish and to treat independently those two kind of missiles, to develop a strategy (yeah ! a real strategy), particularly to win the hard medals. (unfortunately the last one popped up on the screen but i didn't receive it ?)
The idea is really great, and it's perfectly realized. Controls are so simple and effective, the sensibility is perfect. Graphisms are epured and primitive (in a good way) and don't spoil the visibility needed for the missiles.

Simple but very ingenious, and made with intelligence. I had much pleasure playing this game.
Just one thing : I guess it can get boring as soon as you've reached all medals. Particularly for the first mode, cause it gets repetitive and doesn't really push you to try to play for score. On the contrary, concrete objectives are really motivating. Maybe incorporate them in the game would be a good idea.

Well done !

I like

Its a combination of two classic arcade games you deserve a 4/5

great game

The game was actually surprisngly good. At first glance i though to myself "man, this is so boring". Then, i started to play more and more and realized that it was actually quite fun. The game picks up when more missiles start to circulate and also become faster and faster.

The controls themselves are really good, altough an keyboard-alternative would've been good. The mouse sometimes gets off screen when you need to do a quick swift and then you're left open.

Graphics: like they're supposed to be. I love the whole pixelated arcade-feel and would'nt want anything else. Good job!

Music: Very good song. It completes the oldschool feel and adds that little extra. When you die and it feels frustrating to play it all over it becomes less so because of it.

Last but not least, the medals. They add very much to the enjoyment of every game and you did the right thing by including them.

jonathansfox responds:

I agree that the mouse running off the bottom/top of the screen is really annoying, but keyboard just doesn't have enough analog control for the game's pace of play. The mouse allows everything from a slow, precise shift that enables aiming bounces to hit the last couple enemies, to wild, erratic swings that literally jump across screen in one or two frames and allow hitting multiple missiles is super quick succession, and everything in between. The keyboard just can't compete with that. It's kind of like console controllers auto-aiming in shooters, but not needing that feature if you're playing a PC shooter and have a mouse -- the mouse is just an awesome control device and allows control and precision unmatched by alternatives.