Reviews for "Fisher-Diver"

A great thought provoking game.

I guess many of the people playing didn't actually figure out what the game is REALLY about. I loved it, you should make more like this.

FreeAsANerd responds:

Or maybe they just didn't like it because they didn't think it was fun or compelling! Either way, thanks for the review!

interesting

very simple yet interesting game...good job!

Thanks!

Too small.

It took me 20 minutes to get all the upgrades. Crap. No sence, no meaning, NOTHING. 0

Whoops!

i've seen this...

the engine..or w/e, from a really old sandbox game where you made life and they looked EXACTLY like that. in fact, it looks to me that, as far as combat goes, you just plunked a player-unit w/ certain powers inside a world of those computer lifes. if so, bravo (that thing needed reviving).

oh, but im sorry, i originally mentioned that engine 'cause i wanted to know if this was inspired by that engine or were you being original or what? (by the similarities, i wouldnt be surprised by either usage of it [it's open-source; anyone can use it] or pure copying [once again, open-source]

FreeAsANerd responds:

I wrote all of this game's code myself, but this type of "connected bars" system is common in games (for instance, it's the same principle that ragdoll physics stemmed from). I'm pretty sure I remember the toy you're talking about, though-I think it was called SodaPlay? I didn't actually play with it much so I don't really remember anything specific, but it sounds like what you described. It wasn't a direct inspiration, though.

Amazing...

This game was so much fun. And I was beginning to wonder how the amorphous blobs were actually fish, then I got lower and was like "OH!!! Theres a fin and... yep thats a fish!" I loved everything about it... well pretty much.
Except that...
*<SPOILER>* (kinda sorta ;p)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to WIN!!! :D Its a perfection thing lol

FreeAsANerd responds:

Thanks for sticking around long enough for the fish graphics to work!