Newgrounds made a lot of infrastructure upgrades this week and needs your help!

Become a Supporter for just $3 a month or $25 for the year.

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Fisher-Diver"

Quiet, great game with some food for thought

The role reversal was nice. Controls were nice, a calm game with some moments of tension. Very fun, and I want to see more like this.

FreeAsANerd responds:

"A calm game with moments of tension" is exactly what I was hoping for!

Fishing in a Petrii Dish

* green gems add +x1 multi (x2, x3, x4, etc)
* purple gems add +x0.2 (?) multi (x1.2, x1.4, etc)
* shooting thick, white spine does more damage than thin white outer body
* more elaborate fish are worth more if kept intact

So, don't shoot fish directly in their center; it just breaks them apart reducing their value immensely.

Instead, find tail, shoot 5 times, wait. Shoot tail once every 5 seconds until dead. This minimizes structural damage (maximizing profit) while maximizing death damage (due to shots to the spine).

Best fish are large, intricate ones with green gems. However, even better is to nail a few small fish with green gems on the way down to easily bump your multiplier. Then go nail large fish below (preferably with purple gems).

Using this tactic, I got a x3.4 multi from two small, green-gemmed fish on my way down, then bagged $2000+ in the depths (including a $1200 fish!), and on surfacing earned almost $8000.

Then again, on free-play mode I bagged a $5000+ fish, and after surfacing with other fish, I netted almost $15k.

(I don't think you can beat regular mode. Which is sort of depressing, but also poignant at the same time. When you go into free play mode, you realize why, b/c they guy's a bad-ass.)

Thanks!

Aspiring fishermen, take note: This is an accurate description of an effective strategy.

captures the feel of being underwater

This game captures the quiet introspective feel of being underwater perfectly. I'm a Dive Mater and know that feeling way better than most. I really enjoyed this game. I don't think the boss was beatable because it reminds you that sometimes things do go wrong out there and it isn't just a nightmare you wake from.

FreeAsANerd responds:

Awesome that you say so-I've never been diving.

Wait...

Is it possible to win the showdown?

Also, is there supposed to be more than 1 nightmare? I never had any after the first one.

Those things aside, I had fun... but I don't want to go through the game again just to see if the showdown is beatable.

I also wish that there was a control scheme that didn't involve a mouse. That showdown felt near impossible on this laptop with a touchpad.

FreeAsANerd responds:

For starters, thanks! And no, there is only one ending.

The nightmare at the beginning is the only "special event" nightmare in the game. The other nightmares you have are the days that end with the player being eaten or drowning. This is also why you can't just respawn at the end-you were awake.

Awesome game, took up like a hour of excitement

So let me ask you this... why at the end in the breathable part, was there another sub that shot me. i that the way you end/win. I just want to win!

FreeAsANerd responds:

Thanks! And there is only one ending.