Reviews for "Wonders of the Universe 2"

Wonderfully Done

This cartoon is a masterpiece! It really shows a lot of effort and you should be proud! I can't wait for episode 3!

HAHA

I'll never look at sandwiches the same way again. Great movie by the way.

Fantastic!

Finally a new episode, I've been waiting for a new one since seeing the first awhile back. keep them coming i cant wait for more!

Love it.

The crew that works on this is great in all aspects. Animation, music, characters, voice acting, writing, and I gotta give a lot of praise to Toonwerks for getting all of the together so well.

As an individual episode, it's great. It continues with the essence that made me like the last episode, develops more story, and leaves room for more. I'm am definitely interested in the episodes to come.

As a series, I think I'd rather give it time to develop more before passing any real criticisms, but it looks like it's going in a great direction.

As for criticisms...it's hard to think of any. As I've said...everything seemed fitting for the mood the animation has set. The only thing I can really say is that the computer was a little hard to understand a few times. It's nothing major really, it's just that some sentences went by quickly and took me an extra few seconds to process. In all honesty though, the voice fits the character well, so don't change it.

Bottom line: This was a great work and I'll be waiting patiently for the next one.

Toonwerks responds:

From the standpoint as one of the creators, I know it's easier to pick out flaws. There's a couple bits of animation that I know will bug me for ages to come, and there's some slight continuity errors with the art in the engine room, but it's so minor that not really anybody notices it.

Personally I think the biggest problem with the series so far is that we just don't have the time to give some of these stories taking place the proper delivery. It takes long enough to bring these episodes to fruition that a lot of things get cut.
For example, there were originally two inspectors, but we ended up merging them into one character. There were also a lot of big jokes that just didn't have any way to be worked in without going off on a tangent.
Every time we talk about future episodes, we always have to think in the back of our heads "most of this will probably be cut in order to tell the story properly" and a lot of the stuff is usually a lot of fun and I'm sure most of us at Toonwerks is sad to see some of it go, even if it IS for the better good. We just don't make enough money to not have day jobs and do nothing but animate for a living, so I'm sure we'll always be pressed for time, even with 2 or 3, and even 4 of us working on something. ~ Casey

My God...

So many Hitchhiker's references! This is definitely one of the best animations I've seen here. Excellent animation, music, voice acting, and it even has a plot!