Reviews for "VG Exiles - Episode 3"

I was sitting for about 3 minutes waiting for the flash to begin until i realized this was all I was in store for. I assure you I wont be sitting through this boring ass flash. next time dont make a long as fuck slideshow with pretty pictures and id consider watching it, reusing pictures and slow tweens wont gain my attention, effort will. The art was good but everything else...no.

R1665 responds:

Sorry for your lack of an attention span, bro. I guess you'll never know what you missed.

"Visually SPECTACULAR!"

You scored a real gem with Ce-Rap's artwork. I'm gonna try to break this down Gamepro Magazine style.

Visuials: AWESOME ARTWORK! The dude is a real art general! Every drawing was AMAZING! What a talent!

Voicework: This would be my biggest complaint. Besides "Heart" (attempting not to spoil things here) the rest of the voices were sadly either forced or bland. Charile seemed to have a cadance which he used for all his lines most notebly elongating the last word of his sentences. Bison's voice sounded forced and a bit artificial. I expected a deep, menacing, calculated voice from him, yet his lines were delivered with much poise and reserve...like a human general. We ALL know Bison is much more than that. Stryker could have had a little more energy in his delivery as well. In my opinion, you could have used more than just an accent to distinguish the difference between the two. Besides the accent, they both came out bland. Akuma...didn't say a thing...PERFECT! Tailbain was also rather calm. I understand who he is but there was no emotion in his voice at all. Johnny: Again i understand this is a Cage from a different world but he was a bit nerdy. If he is supposed to be "cold" as Tailbain accuses him of being then lets hear it! Instead, he sounds like Bruce Banner. His deminor was more of a Cyclops than anything. Jill was pretty solid.

Sounds: SOMEONE has been harboring a LOT of MK9, MGS4, and SF4 SOUNDS! You've been a busy little squarrel haven't you? Although, you chose to use the old fashioned super nintendo mortal kombat hit sounds. I'm sure you have your reasons, but they are a bit old. They work though.

Fight Scene: I have to say i've seen you animate better fight scenes. A little overuse of the taser. The best part by far was the Baraka killings....those poor Barakas.

Storyline: Unlike the majority of the newgrounds members, I for one enjoy a great, creative story more than 12 fight scenes. Your story is on par. Your script portrays the intended personalities of each character involved. As I mentioned earlier, it is the duty of the voice cast to deliver those intentions to the audience.

Presentation: You have always been strong in the presentation department. I like feeling as if i'm watching a movie and not a flash "video." The presentation is perfect from beginning to end. Very enjoyable. I also like the little easter eggs you placed in the film such as the Boon/Tobias subway sign being changed to your name and the CE-Rap brand boots. I love easter eggs.

Conclusion: The story is still solid. I think due to the time distance between the two films some of the story may have been lost. With all the hype you put into the fight scene I expected a lot more. You talked bloddy and brutal but it was more like a teaser. Congratulations, you made that awful Stryker look like a badass. Forgive me for doubting your animation powers. The script was excellent. The voice acting could have been delivered a little more solidly, but I am sure putting together voicework is difficult. Visually stunning presentation and I don't know a word that would adequately describe every piece of artwork presented. BEYOND OUTSTANDING!

R1665 responds:

A very well-thought-out critique. I would expect no less from you, man.

dear god..

THAT WAS FUXKING EPIC!! cant wait til the next one, keep up the great work!

simply awesome!

2 years after episode 2 and we get this. awesome story, awesome animation, fun ass fight, and even a few bonuses I didnt expect. Thank you R1, CE, and all the voice actors who worked on this project. the wait was well worth it.

THIS IS HOW A STORY IS SUPPOSED TO BE WRITTEN!

I love the way the story play out, mainly because of how much the characters presonality played out in it. I'll watch this thousand times just to see the story and the art again.
Speaking of the art, CE kill'n it with his skills.( I mean that in a good way ) It help the story more than I thought possible and I thought highly of addition of illustrations to the
story.
Te
The only semi negative is the fight. Having watched R1665's other videos, this fight seems... dated, but I'm sure that's because the fight was done a long time ago, before the delays and the MK Fatalities movie.
All in all, this movie is the Best thing on newgrounds- and the next one will be even better.

R1665 responds:

The fight is admittedly a bit dated. It was completed well over a year ago. That's what happens with delays, I'm afraid...