Reviews for "The Sketch Collab 2011"

Good balance

I think that on reflection as the piece should be taken as a whole, it looks good - you've balanced the meme references out there (I'm thankful that no MLP got into the Sketch collab, as that would have been too much) with some surreal, conceptual and fantastic art works.

Many of the authors here took something completely random and ran with it - that's the point of sketch pads - they are a work of art waiting to happen and only you, the artist can see what it will become, before picking up the medium of choice and getting to work.

Probably the piece that left the most of an impression on me was Bob the serial killer, by fredstermaster and the woman's mind, by Airfarie95, despite the interesting screen wipe before by Yhtomit. They really do give an insight into the psyche of the artists involved as well as showing off their plethora of skills in animation.

You've all done a good job, with regards to the pieces you've created, so well done. As for the editing team, the lineup seems to get stronger every year, which is both good and bad - more incentive for established artists, though slightly less for those trying to make a break into the big show.

Finally, where was the audio credit for Fatboy Slim's Right Here, Right Now and Gangster Trippin'? Not in the credits and not credited on the infobar. Please sort that out!

[Review Request Club]

This is great!!

I really enjoyed this flash animation a lot, very captivating! :D

The fluid transitions from thing to thing were incredible to watch, and I can't even imagine how long this took to put together. It was also really interesting to see how you all worked off of each others contributions considering everyone's pretty "obviously different" talent levels; despite all that however, it seems that you all did a tremendous job here!

My only major complaints:
- I didn't like that the last part had no music, and how the different music just randomly kicked back in for the credits.
- Only daily 4th huh? Guess you must have picked a bad day to upload or something (cause this is pretty awesome)

Great work everyone! I cannot wait to see next year's Sketch Collab!
~Dj Sonik

-Review Request Club-

Well drawn

The art and the concept was good, but I think the animations could use more refinement and smoothing out(and I also thought the music didn't quite match the idea of the animation). Well, that's my two cents.

Good

It has loads of creativity, nice art, and is interesting. I honestly didn't like it as much as i would have because of some of the vulgar stuff, but cool still.

Awwww yeahhh!!!!