Reviews for "Final Strike!!"

This Loop is Epic
This is cool too
Keep it up
Loops Like this One Is Catchy
Food123

Thanks brah!

The only thing that remains to say is: Fucking EPIC !Gj and respect !

Thanks dude! :D

Hi. Want some review?

The Good:
-Dramatic, yes!
-Orchestra, yes!
-Great guitars in the opening.
-Fantastic breakdown at 0:52 and punchy sound at 1 minute. Overall stellar composition as always.

The Not-So-Good, composition-wise:

-The drumset is balls. The orchestral percussion is way more powerful than it, and it's buried under everything else, constantly.
-Similarly, the distorted guitar is entirely covered by everything except when it's playing primarily by itself, which is every time except sometimes in the intro and around 40 seconds in.

"Hi. Want some review?"

Why yes I would! :D

"The Good:
-Dramatic, yes!
-Orchestra, yes!
-Great guitars in the opening.
-Pretty good loop, though it seems like it's about to reach a climax rather than the beginning again. No sound glitches though."

Thankfully achieving most of what we were going for. And I see what you mean on the climax buildup. Could probably make a full song version out of this that adds a real beginning and ending.

"The Not-So-Good, composition-wise:
-I think it could still have used a bit more of a breakdown in the middle, something without the constant drums. But, that's just me."

Maybe, maybe not. It is going to be a song in a full-auto-mayhem action Contra/Metal Slug type game, if it isn't the game keeping up the action, it's the music. At least that's the plan. :)

"MIXING: Right, Step. I'm docking a full two points for this, because you said you did the final mix of the entire thing. I am seriously disappoint about this.
-Hell, even the strings are buried by the horns a lot of the time. Notable points about that are 0:25 and 1:05."

I agree the drumset is definitely balls. Sadly I don't have the money yet to buy a decent virtual kit. We didn't want the rock part to overpower the orchestra but I guess we went too far on that aspect. I personally don't know what happened with the orchestra half, but lessons learned I guess. :(

"Overall: I don't care if you wanted it to be "the sum of its parts" or something, that mixing was just plain no. Ye dun clutterfucked the mix, and now it's muddy as hell. Otherwise, though, everything's basically cool, only little nitpicky stuff. 7/10 with the mixing, 9/10 otherwise."

Yeah, the mix definitely could be better, but with the final product being much better recepted (received?) than my horrible mixing on my solo works, I can't complain too much.

Thanks for the review, I appreciate it a lot, definitely one of the more helpful. :)

Hey, welcome back! :'D

I don't have much else to say than that this is great!
I always love to listen to collab pieces, as I find that some of the most interesting ideas are born from those :3
I think the way the guitar (and the drums) goes along with the orchestral instruments is amazing as well.

The loops is very smooth too.
I can definitely hear which ideas might've been who's XD

Mixing is pretty flawless.

Awesome job, both of you!

UltimateCJ64 responds:

Thanks dude, Step and I appreciate it. WIsh he could respond to these, I'm horrible with responding to reviews. ^^' Either way, awesome to hear from people for once on these. :D

Step: PLEASE never go 6 months without posting a song EVER AGAIN! I love the mood and instruments of this one, as well as the dramatic/heroic vibes throughout. It looped flawlessly, and really kept me entertained throughout. It was short, yet had plenty of variation and melodic development. That said, the transition at :54 was rather sudden, although I suppose that is fitting for a videogame. At first, it actually looped a couple times without me even noticing! The replay value on this piece is fantastically high! I love it! :D Keep up the great work, Step. Let's hope I'll never again go into such intense bouts of Step withdrawl as I have over the past 6 months. ;)

UltimateCJ64 responds:

Damn you admins for not completing the project system so that managers can respond to reviews as well! Sorry dude, wish Step could respond. :(

I appreciate the review, man. Yeah, the whole -sudden- transition kinda got me as well, but like you said, appropriate for a game. Plus it adds a little dramatic effect, going into a false sense of security, you see? ;D Also great to hear that it does loop without issue, I'd go nuts if it didn't since I am using it in a little while. XD

I hope I see more from Step as well after this project. :)