Reviews for "T-FULP: Questing For Club"

Sorry man

1 for the beat.

What's the point?

I grew up on text-based games, and normally the tasks and NPCs have a purpose; in this game, LilJim, Jeff, the store, and the gum served no purpose whatsoever. Considering they make up more than 50% of the NPCs and occupy two out of the three "rooms" in the game, their inclusion makes no sense. All the player has to do to beat this game is talk to Tim, beat his unfairly difficult typing game, and talk to the bouncer; the other characters and "rooms" don't ever need to be seen or talked to. Basically, if you look at it, this game could have easily been simply the fighting/typing game, since that's basically what it is now.

Beyond that, why does the text box not clear when the Enter key is pressed? Even if something that the game doesn't understand is entered, the text should clear itself. When I first started this game and was trying to figure out what to do and who people were, it was frustrating typing "talk man," deleting the text, "talk to man," deleting the text, "take gum," deleting the text, "pick up gum," deleting the text, etc.

I'm sorry, but I can't give this game higher than a 2/10.

Type Fast or Lose

Text based games can be fun. It is nice to explore the world and discover new things. However, this game is not fun. It all comes down how fast you can type.
I have no problem losing in a game, if I can try again. If you lose in this flash, you must refresh the game to try it again.

Why was the gum on the floor? Did it have any use at all? All in all, this is not a fun game. Better luck next time.

Unnecessarily complicated

Like so many have already said before about this game, it's too complicated. The Avenue Wrestler mini-game, while a worthwhile nod to the Street Fighter series, is what let this game down entirely by being too dependant on fast typers, and even then not all of the words are registered despite being typed correctly.
And having to type "Walk left/right" every time you need to move is also a major let down. What was wrong with using the arrow keys to move? Having said this, I did actually encounter a bug: walking left (where Jim and Jeff are) and typing "Look at gutter" has Tom move to the gutter but no further actions can be entered. At. All.
I would like to say that the animation would be the "saving grace" of this game (if you could call it that), but it appears that only the characters appear to be well drawn (when they're not walking). For these reasons, I rate this 2/10.

Not that Fun

however... To get the achievements, just right click and click on play!