Reviews for "SPUD - Part 2"

A very intelligent story.

I really enjoyed this, the graphics and style were nice and clean, the voice acting was realistic enough, and it was very well-written. Most of all what I loved though is the epic metaphor of Western civilizations and the ghosts we chase, and the frilly morals we collect. This whole thing with the manufactured heroes and villains could apply to anything from the Red Scare to war propaganda to Terrorism in the past decade to Christianity's "moral" influence on anything in over here in America.

Where it could use some work is the pacing, it's very slow-moving for a web cartoon and doesn't accomplish much for the length. I found myself a bit surprised by how little happened in the 7 minutes of each episode. While the art style is nice, the animation and scene setups leave a lot to be desired. There isn't a lot of frame-by-frame or in-betweens for how minimalistic the style is, I feel like you could have done more in 6 months but I guess everyone has their work pace. It was more than enough to get the story across.

That was the good and the bad, now for the ugly. I get the feeling that this heading toward being slathered in Christian overtones due to some of the phrases I heard in the last few minutes such as "true morals", "your god" and "true life". Eh, it was fun while it lasted lol. To me, personally, Abrahamic religions like Christianity, Judaism and Islam are just as much that manufactured hero/villain company as anything else you may be speaking to. If I'm wrong, about the oncoming Biblery I sense (as an ex Christian propaganda cartoonist myself), do correct me. Great toonage so far though, damn good story :3

Hey Thanks.
Yeah I am slow but I'm going to try and speed up and do two more films before the year is up.

Yeah there will be oncoming Biblery, though not slathered in Christian overtones. If there's one thing that makes me want to throw up, its most Christian films.

Christian overtones are being saved the film after Spud - part 3

And thanks again

Great job!

Can't wait untill the third part!

Thanks :)

good

i was really enjoying it til it said "God",
still enjoying, not as much but thays just my preferrences.
so i'll still give you a good score for your animation and very good voices.

:) Thanks

Yum, yum.

Though I can't say I like the "one and only God" stuff, I did like the animation.
I'm not a religious person, but I agree that religion is something the world needs sometimes. People seem to be too distracted by the overly religious preechers to
realise what religion is about. (I'll stop right there before I get too deep into it)
The plot was pretty cool, I like the idea of "fake" superheroes. It's been done before, but hey, pretty much everything has.
I'll be looking forward to the conclusion.

Interesting

I liked it, Mainly because it was well done and the story isn't bad. I am not a person who considers himself a Christian but I do believe in God. Animation was well done and it was refreshing to see a video trying to do something other than make cock jokes or have people die in it on this website. I might disagree with some of what you said in comments to other users but that doesn't mean you are doing bad work. Congrats and keep it up.

Hey Thanks