Reviews for "SPUD - Part 2"

Interesting but a little...

The animation is not bad and graphic wise its quite good looking. I didn't understand why he was smirking before he got socked in the face though.

The voice acting needs some work,its not bad but it sounds a bit dull. When he says "Really Where?" it doesn't sound shocked but as if he has an extremely low IQ.

The plot doesn't seem bad though and i'm sure it can be built up on into more episodes.

Thanks for your review

A very intelligent story.

I really enjoyed this, the graphics and style were nice and clean, the voice acting was realistic enough, and it was very well-written. Most of all what I loved though is the epic metaphor of Western civilizations and the ghosts we chase, and the frilly morals we collect. This whole thing with the manufactured heroes and villains could apply to anything from the Red Scare to war propaganda to Terrorism in the past decade to Christianity's "moral" influence on anything in over here in America.

Where it could use some work is the pacing, it's very slow-moving for a web cartoon and doesn't accomplish much for the length. I found myself a bit surprised by how little happened in the 7 minutes of each episode. While the art style is nice, the animation and scene setups leave a lot to be desired. There isn't a lot of frame-by-frame or in-betweens for how minimalistic the style is, I feel like you could have done more in 6 months but I guess everyone has their work pace. It was more than enough to get the story across.

That was the good and the bad, now for the ugly. I get the feeling that this heading toward being slathered in Christian overtones due to some of the phrases I heard in the last few minutes such as "true morals", "your god" and "true life". Eh, it was fun while it lasted lol. To me, personally, Abrahamic religions like Christianity, Judaism and Islam are just as much that manufactured hero/villain company as anything else you may be speaking to. If I'm wrong, about the oncoming Biblery I sense (as an ex Christian propaganda cartoonist myself), do correct me. Great toonage so far though, damn good story :3

Hey Thanks.
Yeah I am slow but I'm going to try and speed up and do two more films before the year is up.

Yeah there will be oncoming Biblery, though not slathered in Christian overtones. If there's one thing that makes me want to throw up, its most Christian films.

Christian overtones are being saved the film after Spud - part 3

And thanks again

sweet

thats was awsome
so we gotta wait another 6 months for the next one??

nahtanojmal responds:

I'm planning to have two more films done before the end of the year SPUD - part 3 being one of those