Reviews for "B-Lated ClockDay Post-It"

To start this off I thought this was an ok Clock-Day animation. Untill I looked at the title. YOU MADE IT WITH POST-ITS?! I really wasn't paying much attention I was just thinking ohh he made a rough draft but then I saw you made it with post-its. I really liked it. I can't wait to see more Clock-Day animations. :3

Thanks Man ! I just may have to try to expand the premise this year ;D

Nice work

Now before i get started on the details and such, I just wanted to say a few things in a more enlightening way of the flash, first off it was a refreshing flash entry and showed off some decent skills here and there and whatnot, So for what i got out of this it was pretty positive, allthough later you will find some helpfull ideas, tips and suggestions that may help make it even better so try them aout and never be afraid to try new stuff. So first great job on this "CLOCK-DAY" Entry its always a fun day and see what comes thru, The differant toons you have here are all kinda neat and quite enjoyble, so it was nice that you added a few short animations in one flash that is good quality controll, The animation here was abit differant i guess because it was more then animation but i do like how you presented this, it was interesting though, Audio was pretty good here there was a "WIDE" mixture of audio uses and such wich actually made it alright so that was something good, There was some "STATIC" Sounds with some of the music but it was little to non, and not a real issue, And i guess the whole "VIEW-SCREEN" could be larger it would allow for more detail to show and bring a tad more quality to everything. And so here we have something differant and with everything going on you really bring out the quality,So i am loving the unique style and it stillbrings some entertainment value and that was all a plus, and really just kept me interested from the getgo, so props to you on a decent flash submission here, hope to see more from you. Ok so here it is in a nutshell as some may say, thiswas notbad, and there is some room for making things better and or improving on a few points, both positive and negitive points in this flash, but i liked it all, but anyways here are one or two ideas and improving on this would be great.

~~THINGS TO IMPROVE ON~~
So I actually found this to be an entertaining flash sumbmission, I did see a couple of things that could have been re-worked with a tad more effort, so i gone ahead to try and find some lacking points and do hope you consider looking into them as it will just add more quality, but anyways heres an idea or two. Some static was around but it was not a big thing maybe some looking into this would be great.and a larger view screen would be a plus.

ToonCastleTV responds:

Thanks for the very fair review - I'd very much like to try this type again sometime soon =/ but I think larger paper will have to be used, probably animation paper and I have a higher quality camera these days so maybe it will be epic if I have a chance

Ya that was raw

I've always thought flip-book animation was the tits. This is however mediocre imo. Maybe it went to quick for me to see all the frames, maybe there weren't many frames, whatever it was, I didn't see much animation, mostly just a start and a finish with an occasional single, middle-frame.

ToonCastleTV responds:

because of the thickness of the paper i could only do pose 2 pose animation and i started doing this for the fuck of it a day or 2 before clockday... but there at least 50 drawn frames. This was not to create an epic masterpiece as much as it was just to fill up a movie, glad it has some entertainment value tho

Broken preloader, doesn't really recover

Well, this piece isn't the best, not by a long shot. I like the way that you've decided to make it around the size of a Post It! note and ran wih the idea of it. For reference, you may wish to scale the size of the piece up to actual, or even slightly bigger - you're probably 33% smaller than a Post It! note.

The preloader got stuck on a loop and I had to right click and play to get into the piece, which didn't help, though once it got started, we could see what was what.

I think that the various themes that you used here were nice and things like StrawberryClock doing backflips was a great idea. With the break piece between the two, perhaps you could have had an animated Strawberry flicking through the pad, with a Giant animated "HAPPY CLOCK DAY" being picked out on the pages, as he watches, may have been a better idea.

Some of the image quality was sacrificed, either by the quality of the original drawings, the scanner / photograph definition, or even struggles to align the images in each instance. These little details can make all the difference, so please take the time to get them right, as they do pay dividends.

[Review Request Club]

Yea, I dont know why he preloader did that... I didn't engineer it! =/
Lol and yea the strawberry flicking through is a good idea.
I tried my best man with my camera to take the best pictures I could, and used photoshop the best I could throughout, and tried the best I could to align this. The animations are all on scale just not the post it's through out. If I had been able to get into my school and scan them this may have turned out cleaner for sure, but alias I did what I could in August. I still have the post-its I drew on, so maybe I will re configure this and add more to it but this was soley for fun more or less, and it was! I did all the drawing in my basment window on a sunny days =)

Hmm

Don't really know what to think about this. This is far from being the worst Clock Day entry I have ever seen, but it sure is also far from being the best.

What I really appreciate about this piece is that you obviously put a lot of work into this. Drawing on a piece of paper, taking a picture, drawing again, taking a picture... and then to compile it in a flash file sure did take a lot of time to finish.

It's a real pity that the screen size is so small, sometimes it's hard to guess what's going on on the screen.

The musical selection was quite nice, but you have to work on the transitions a bit more. I understand that it was meant to sound like skipping through a TV programme, but the static noise in between the songs was just annoying.

Overall: If a friend would ask me if this movie was any good, I'd tell him: If you like Clock Day movies, it's worth to check this one out. If you don't, then it's nothing for you.

{ Review Request Club }

ToonCastleTV responds:

The reason why it's so small is to keep the file size down as this movie is not in mov. format and was entirely done it flash. ( minus drawing the picture, photographing them, and editing in photoshop ) also I felt having it larger destroyed the quality of theses pictures - something i'll have to work on in the future. But I personally don't consider it to much of a grape - you may have to watch it a few times to get it all but everything's there! and yea i was pleased with the soundtrack to. Thanks for the review ;D