Reviews for "Emo Gunner"

I like this game but...

It has some serious issues. First off if you fail a wave you should be able to shop because some waves become impossible without the right upgrades. Also when you load a game and shop and then start the wave it becomes unplayable. When you switch weapons the other one should continue to reload so as to allow you to fend off the accumulation of emos; because the starting reload times are annoyingly long. Or you could reduce the initial reload times. Other than that this game is entertaining and fun.

Cha0tic221 responds:

There are some problems with loading the game after quitting while playing. If you simply refresh the page, and load from there it will work. Sorry.

Solid gameplay, I just didn't feel the theme

I wasn't so sure about this game as I was clicking on the title, but I was pleasantly surprised! I had fun playing this game - it was a more unique take on the defense/shooter genre. The art was spot on, I liked the difficulty curve (not too hard, not too easy) and the auto-saving feature is sweet.

I just...hrmmm, how do I explain this...I wish I could've gotten into it more - if that makes sense. I loved the menus (UI freak here), the art and controls were solid too - I just couldn't bring myself to care about the theme. I didn't even realize emo's were a thing still - I thought we all moved onto harshing on hipsters (genetic descendants of the emo) anyway, haha. The voice acting too was a little unenthusiastic. I think a little more polish there or perhaps more cut scenes between levels would've helped immerse me more.

All in all, you guys did a very nice job. Keep up there work and make sure to polish like crazy next time to really nail it!

(P.S. - Would you mind telling me what the shop music is? I left the game open for hours after I was done playing just to hear it loop, haha)

Good, But a Bit Disappointing

Pretty nice graphics. It's a pretty overused concept for a Flash game, but it doesn't really get old too fast. Anyway, here's my review breakdown:

+Nice graphics
+Feels good and satisfying to shoot and hit a target
-Not enough targets, usually too easy
-Very slow-paced
-Lacks a real rewarding feeling

Overall, when you're shooting targets, it's very fun to play, but a lot of the time there is not enough going on, and it lacks that feeling of really being rewarded.

Also, though I love the feeling you get when you fire (how the screen slightly shakes, making it feel "powerful"), sometimes it is unresponsive.

Overall, you obviously know what you're doing with making games... but next time, just add more to it.

It's fun to kill emos and shit, but it would be cool to see a diff version that's harder.

Overall though I enjoyed wiping out them glass half empty types lol.

ok game

Okay game needs work , like more weapons and maybe some specials like an airstrike?