Reviews for "The Book of Living Magic"

...banana-throwing festival, eh? Better hide the Sad Splinters, then.
OH GOD, the Tolnedran merchants asking Belgarion for a bailout! Brilliant!
But what did Polgara have to say about it?
OO Vermis and the King in Yellow! Excellent! Can't remember what they're about, but I remember them.
ALSo, SAURON! haha. And DAVROS.
And, what? No Bhelliom? ;) AND GRUES! YOU HAVE GRUES! ;) I LOVE YOU MAN.
I DO wish there was a way to turn the music off. Repetitive noise fries my nerves after a while, even if it is quite pleasing, as this music is.

;)

I absolutely LOVE this style of game. I am so happy I found this, finally. Can't believe I didn't find it sooner. Your sense of whimsy... is... like reading Jacques' Redwall for the first time, or staring at the ocean calm at night. This game was beautiful, sir. Thank you.

Loving it so far. Do you DM? ;)

It is a beautiful story... I truly cried because of it... The joy of learning, of reading... It can turn even the most boring day into an adventure...

Jampacked with whimsy, with very basic gameplay. Nothing too hard, except the alleyway to the circus is missable if you're not paying attention. The text is funny but often very subtle - I particularly like how the circus cat says that humans are "ironically" called homo sapiens. Sending the depressed robot on the trip of a lifetime is rather touching, but sadly the ending lacks any emotional impact. Finding the Book is an anticlimax, because the real joy of this game is the exploration!

Wonderful game! BoLM showed me that you CAN use hand-drawn graphics in a game, and it made me realize I want my own adventure game to leave a feel-good impression on people.

Had I not played this, my game would have turned out VERY differently. So, thank you BoLM.