Reviews for "The Cat and the Fish"

Interesting and Odd

Kind of funny how you expect the cat to eat the fish and it becomes the other way around. Certainly hope that cat did not belong to anyone as they will never see it again either. I have to say though I found this to be a rather interesting piece and I think you did a wonderful job of showing a little tale of how not everything is how it appears.

The animation looked very well done. How long did you end up spending to make this little short piece anyways? The cat actually looked pretty cute and very nicely drawn as well. The dude just kind of seemed unhappy with life and that fish was simply a trap. Kind of have to wonder though, why didn't the cat try to climb down and run away real quick when it saw what the fish was? The walls were also very nicely drawn so kudos there too. The graffiti was a nice touch.

The audio playing was nice and all of it was fitting where it needed to be played so nice work there on those parts. Who did the voice of the guy though, you? If so then nice, it sounds great. Really good audio though.

Overall, very excellent and well done animation, was quite awesome.

Syringes responds:

Haha, thanks for re-commenting. I hate hacker. >n< And thanks for the good review!

I'm so sorry...

Your reviews got deleted :(

Anyway, I really liked this, you had some smooth animation, unfortunately some of the drawings could have used some work. Even some of the animation seemed somewhat choppy or unnatural at times.

I fucking loved the ending though it totally caught me off-guard and gave me a bit of a chuckle. Nice to see a replay screen with some actual effort too.

I'm sure you had a puckish grin the entire time you worked on this didn't you, ya loveable bastard?

You deserve your awards, and i hope you'll continue to make shit, I'll be looking forward to it.

With love,
- Celx

Syringes responds:

Awww, I really appreciate your review Lmao! And yes I did have a grin most of the time I made this. XD

This had me at the "press play" screen

This flash just sucked me right in. Heck, in the scene right before the cat is eaten by the... thingamajig, I found myself biting my wallet (which I was conveniently holding for some reason) in anticipation of whatever was going to happen (true story). I even rewatched it, something I rarely do, and found myself laughing at the sillyness of the situation. C'mon! It's a fish-thingamajig eating a cat!

Anyhow, while the animation was generally more than qualified there are areas of improvement. Celx-Requin pretty much got that subject covered. Still, I enjoy your style. Very lighthearted and personal. Keep it up =)

Thanks for the revieeew ^u^

my mind is now totally in limbo

not suprised, but still shocked.

That was intersting...

Despite it being a little random, that animation was pretty spot-on. The backgrounds were an eye-catcher too. Too bad it's just that this type of flash doesn't get me chuckling as hard as it used to. :(

Great job on the animation though!

Thanks for the review : D