Review and achievements
I liked the visuals, but the constantly repeating loop of the impending cave-in quickly became an audio annoyance. Maybe a subtle BGM could be added?
The controls are simple and responsive, but since the game requires the player to repeatedly tap the down button just to continue to play, it got pretty boring. Yes, there are things that you have to jump over and things that you have to slide under, but the gameplay still became more of a chore (and finger workout) than something of entertainment. Perhaps the speed boost could remain for as long as you're sliding, instead of just at the initial crouch?
For those of you wanting to know about the achievements:
- No Return & Mushrooms Are Bad For You: arriving at stage 1 and stage 2, respectively. I'm guessing that Crystal Clear is for stage 3 and To The Bones is for stage 4.
- Sliding Princess, Sliding Queen, and Mother of Slide: those have to do with sliding (a lot), probably slide for a cumulative total of X, Y, and Z seconds per playthru.
- Rain of Pebbles, Rain of Stones, Stone Storm: I'm guessing these have to do with "riding the wave", or spending X, Y, and Z seconds running while very close to the falling stones (danger line).
- Going On a (Longer) Trip: these involve hitting the corner/side of a ledge, causing your character to trip and slow down. You'll see a small flashing animation when this happens.
- There But Not Back Again: I have no idea on this one. I got it on my 2nd run right near the start.
- Inquisitive Soul: View the game credits,