Reviews for "Cave of No Return"

Review and achievements

I liked the visuals, but the constantly repeating loop of the impending cave-in quickly became an audio annoyance. Maybe a subtle BGM could be added?

The controls are simple and responsive, but since the game requires the player to repeatedly tap the down button just to continue to play, it got pretty boring. Yes, there are things that you have to jump over and things that you have to slide under, but the gameplay still became more of a chore (and finger workout) than something of entertainment. Perhaps the speed boost could remain for as long as you're sliding, instead of just at the initial crouch?

For those of you wanting to know about the achievements:
- No Return & Mushrooms Are Bad For You: arriving at stage 1 and stage 2, respectively. I'm guessing that Crystal Clear is for stage 3 and To The Bones is for stage 4.

- Sliding Princess, Sliding Queen, and Mother of Slide: those have to do with sliding (a lot), probably slide for a cumulative total of X, Y, and Z seconds per playthru.

- Rain of Pebbles, Rain of Stones, Stone Storm: I'm guessing these have to do with "riding the wave", or spending X, Y, and Z seconds running while very close to the falling stones (danger line).

- Going On a (Longer) Trip: these involve hitting the corner/side of a ledge, causing your character to trip and slow down. You'll see a small flashing animation when this happens.

- There But Not Back Again: I have no idea on this one. I got it on my 2nd run right near the start.

- Inquisitive Soul: View the game credits,

Not much fun.

I expected some sort of adventure game.. but basically its canabalt/dino run but without any of the fun?

I dont feel like dying 10000 times to make "progress" (no checkpoints?) . There isnt anything exciting happenning at all.

I dont like the fact that the only way to go fast enough to not die instantly is to spam the slide button (the game had to tell me, eh) .. its like jumping with a knife to go faster in an FPS; its retarded; why cant we go as fast as possible by .. ya know.. running?

Oh, and even boosting like a madman doesnt really help: the scrolling-wall-of-death is still 3-4 second behind me. So boosting dont seem to help much at all in the end.

I simply dont like this type of gameplay. Too punishing, repetitive, boring.

seen it before

dino run but less fun, also there is no way i found to get further ahead of the cave-in

could improve

i found this game had the making of an addictive game. a few of the let downs were;
the lack of colour, i know this might have been the angle but it could help.
the death notice, it never changed. having the roof fall on your head till came up with the you got penetrated.

pro tip; spam the hell out of the down button to gather speed.the faster you tap the faster you go

Not this bad, not bad, but I earn the achievements in the game and the medals are not shown. Why this? (PM me, plz)