Reviews for "groove machine"

:O A month starting with a song where you designed your own sounds? Must be bagpipes month!

There's nothing I can say about the melodies. They're groovy, catchy, and original as usual. I think the instrumentation probably could have been a bit denser (m0ar bass!), but the overall effect was very nice.

The sounds you designed were really excellent. They sounded somewhat similar to your older ones, but different enough so that I could tell what you were doing and could enjoy them. I especially liked the really twangy one at 1:15 and 2:13. The way that the different synths would come in and do their awesome melodies is a johnfn trope that your followers have come to know and love. :)

The reason I'm taking off half a star is tempo. I love your drum work, man. But this time, there were just so many gaps, double hits, jumps, etc. that I just had to take half a star off. I know you can do better than that! :/

Your endings are also getting better. I could tell one was coming this time. :D Great work as usual! Can't wait for more original sounds to come!

johnfn responds:

Bagpipes month lolz. I wanted to troll you guys on April 1 and do bagpipes month as an April Fools joke but I ran out of time. :(

> m0ar bass

True fax, I actually did have most bass, but I was getting fatigued listening to such a bass heavy song so much so I turned it out. I think that that decision makes it a slightly worse song if you only listen once, but it also makes it easier to relisten to the song more than once.

> durmz

IT'S NOT DRUM MONTH THAT MEANS I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT HHAHAHAH AHA HA! But yeah I was uncertain about these too. I feel drums are actually my worst aspect - well, except maybe instrument choice. Actually I showed it to my friend who's into breakcore and he totally loved it so idk, it could be a taste thing.

> I could tell one was coming this time. :D

hahahahha

Anyway thanks for the review :D