Reviews for "groove machine"

Perfect!

johnfn responds:

Thanks! Though I still think it has problems but oh well!

Now that is something amazing that you have done there.
I can hear the difference between the quality work that you have put forward and most of the people here, the way you play with the soundtrack is really something special, not something someone finds every day.

Extremely well done!
A strong 5; I hope to see you near the top of the charts this month for this track.

Thank you!

Sounds pretty good. I think I know what you mean with 'stolen'. The main melody reminds me a bit of 'Sign Your Name' by Terence Trent D'Arby. Anywa, it's quite nice what you made, and it's not stolen at all, just a bit similar.

johnfn responds:

Ha yeah it does kinda sound a little like that song. I've never heard that song before so it's just an interesting coincidence I guess. (Also, I think my variation is slightly better than his ;-) ;-))

Thanks for leaving a review :)

So it's finally sound design month ey? :'D
Wouldn't have needed that dead giveaway hint either :)

Well, the melodies are amazing for sure. They seem a bit familiar somehow (at least the chords and rythm; maybe just from some of your earlier work), but I definitely don't think they're stolen. I can easily hear the johnfniness in this piece XD
I don't have much to say :/
All the instruments you used (made) sound good and go well together. I liked the slow beginning, and at least you let the song bleed out preoperly in the end :)
I could've easily listened to a longer version, but I know you probably don't have that much free time XD

Good job!
Liked, faved :'D

johnfn responds:

Haha it's not very much of a hint but I wanted to tell you that i made ALL the sounds! :D Well, almost all.

The interesting thing about the chord rhythm is that the first chord gets 8 beats, then 3, then 5. I don't think I've done something with that rhythm before (though not for lack of trying haha).

Yeah I wanted to make a longer version but no time. Also, I was having some blocks even making the solo as long as it was and I wasn't sure what to do hahaha whoops.

Thanks for the review!

I love the atmosphere and synths and melodies. It's climactic and catchy, and very well-structured and smooth-flowing. This is a nic-picky thing, but it might be a good idea to come up with some less cliché transitions than :44 and 1:43: crashes and snares repeating over and over again is just way overused across the genre. You did succeed in making a very memorable and melodic dance song, though, which at the same time remains comfortably within the bounds of your style as well. Nice work, Johnfn! :D

johnfn responds:

It's kind of funny you say that the 4 crash thing I did is a cliche because I can't really remember hearing it in a song. I seem to be reinventing edm cliches inadvertently, which is cool, maybe. haha.

Anywho thanks for the review :D