Reviews for "SHMUP"

noice

favorite innovation: directional weapon mounts

similarities

just like touhou, and by that i mean "mind rape"

Great fun and difficulty, but...

I loved playing this game yesterday and managed to make it to the second Black Hole level, but today my file is gone. It was auto-saving fine up until that point.

Also, the difficulty of the Black Hole is outrageous- as it should be for what should be the final area, but still.

Just one word... HELL!

This game is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. I've probably spent 4 hours already, the action in this game is remarkable, although is like the classic plane shooters this game gives me a feeling I can't describe.
Heh, I have a PS joystick and didn't needed to donwload that file to use it :P I simply configured it and I was all set :D
There are a few things I found annoying though... Sometimes the enemies were just FUCKING hard ): and also when you get killed for example, I noticed the exp enemies yield also decrease D: Meaning even less leveling for you Dx That can be avoided by the player doing the following.
1: Feel the level, how's that? Well you play the level and when you first get in you dont know what to expect, so I highly recomend that while you play it, if your armor is dangerously low then pause and exit, that way you won't get exp and gems, yeah, although enemies exp yielding WON'T DECREASE :D
2: Once you know what to expect in the level edit your ship to counter the enemies attacks, I didn't knew this until recently but you can actually rotate the weapons turrets, which is really helpfull in some levels.
3: If you're not sure if your new strategy will work just test, if you're confortable enough with it, then stick with it, otherwise just do the pause and escape thingy you can still collect exp and gems after you master your strategy.
I'm thinking on staring over, why? Cause I didn't knew this when I played it :3
...
@rebellious-boy, there are a few things you can do in order to improve the game speed: 1) lower the quality of the graphics, 2) download the needed plug-ins, 3) Maybe is your internet browser, try having more than 1 installed in your comp, I use firefox and are satisfied with its performance. 4) If the past tips doesn't work, then I suggest either upgrade your comp's RAM memory capacity and video card OR buy a new computer.
Keep in mind flash games will improve as new and faster computers appear, which means, the oldest your computer the crappier your flash gamming experience will be with new games.
Now having said this imma gonna have some breakfast

Love this Game

it's great to play scrolling shooters, wish I could beat level 4-2 cause it's kicking my ass