Reviews for "SHMUP"

I'm usually not into top down shootemups, but this one was pretty fun. Thanks!

My god was this game epic! I mean, really epic!

Leveling up my ship ws kind of fun. Though enemy exp drops every time you level up, in fact, cut in half. That's my minor complaint which does not mean a thing.

So much stuff going on, so many things to destroy. I like that. Blowing a lot of stuff up!

And the last level...... Very creepy. And of course, the final boss was just tough, and that is what makes it a good game. A good challenge for a hardcore gamer.

One of my favorite games ever!

Quite good game.

spoiler: final boss is actually easier than the forth boss, it just has a lot of hp

I agree with Booga and Zzyz on this. This is a wonderful bit of nostalgia with only a couple of flaws that need fixing and couple of more cherries on top to make it brilliant.
Stats and names for enemies would be a great cherry.
Slow manuvering is a minor but frustrating flaw.
Customizable weapon arcs made me go SWEET LORD YES!
It would have been nice to be able to own four of every weapon in the game at once so I didn't have to keep buying and selling them to be able to test out quad mounting every kind. That's really a minor nitpick though.
Regarding the "kill boss with no weapons facing foreward" medal: You don't need to point them down. Just a degree or two off-center will qualify.
Quad homers will let you skate through just about everything but the last couple of levels once you get them.
The music is brilliant. I could listen to the asteroid field theme all freakin' day.
Also, the little touches that most people probably don't pay pay attention to like the impact wrench sound when you work on your ship make it better even if the players don't conciously notice it.