For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 43 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "SHMUP"

Good Idea, Poorly executed

And whoever is going around giving people useless reviews for the hell of it needs to be banned.

"Meh."

It's not very fresh, it's kinda old and busted.May i consider something that isn't used as often or some more upgrades otherwise i do not think it will do very well.

Pretty fun

Overall, this game is pretty fun to play. There isn't a huge assortment of weapons to buy, but there are enough weapons to give the game variety and keep it from getting stale. Each world offers new items, so even if the player has purchased the best items from his current world, he might not be able to beat a level if his tactics aren't sound and his weapon arrangement isn't proper. It really makes the player think about how to optimize their ship's configuration before embarking on a level, adding in a bit more difficulty to each level. It would be nice to have some kind of special skill or powerup, but not having one isn't necessarily a bad thing; old-school shooters didn't have them, but we liked them all the same.

I do have a few minor gripes, though. First off, the ship's hitbox seems too large; at times, this game seems like a touhou game with all the ships, bullets, and asteroids, especially during boss fights. With the hitbox as large as it is, sometimes it's impossible to avoid getting hit, sometimes multiple times. Additionally, it might be nice to give the player a slight leeway after getting hit; maybe a half second or 3/4 second of invulnerability. This would avoid unnecessary deaths from clusters of asteroids your ship stupidly flies into due to Flash lag, which happened to me multiple times. It would also be nice to give the player an indication when ships are coming from the bottom of the screen; I believe this is done the first time it occurs (I think in the first stage... if not, it's definitely in the first world), but other times it pretty much guarantees that the player collides with an enemy ship unless he has played the level before and knows when to expect them. Lastly, could the death penalty be lowered? It just seems a bit much to reduce exp and money by 2/3 when the player could have died on the last enemy in the level, or the last bullet shot by the boss. Maybe change the penalty to 1/2 or something... it's not a huge difference, but it seems more fair.

Oh, and just as a warning to players that might be just starting: the difficulty ramps up in a big way between world 2 and world 3, so watch out. I went into stage 1 of world 3 and it was almost like I was playing a different game.

Honestly its bad

But its easy to tell peeps are playing for the medals , so I will say its a smart choice there

Hard as hell but good

This is a good game but it wont get a great score because its so flipping hard..you have to choose your weapons wisely.
overall its a good game you noobs so the guy who gave it 1 is freaking crazy