For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 39 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Reviews for "SHMUP"

Classic Yet Addictive

Its An AWESOME Game But The Backround, Its Kinda Too Crowded And When It Moves Fast, It Kinda Hurts My Eyes.

Great game, but with lack of fairness

I used to play the Touhou Games a while ago, I think you know them. I have to say... they were hard but fair. This game isn't fair. There are situations where you just have no chance to escape at all. Sentry lights spawning in a way that you can't get through them, enemies which attack you from behind at nearly light speed so there is no chance to escape, invisible enemies spawning in the ship and so on... You have to learn the stages by heart and even then it's sometimes impossible to escape the enemies.
A game shouldn't be too easy, thats true. But it should be fair. This game isn't Great potential though. I'd recommend shortening the hitbox of the players ship a bit and making the enemies spawn in a way they can be escaped. You still can make this game hard, but make it fair.

Fun but flawed.

The game is nice, and I can tell that there was a lot of time put into it, but there are just too many issues in the difficulty of certain encounters. You have enemies coming in from the bottom of the screen while you're already throwing in a ton of enemies from the top. I understand that you can change the direction of your guns, but loosing that power in any direction gimps you, as you need that power to clear out any one side. If you're going to throw so many enemies at us, make our ship's hit box smaller. It's what all good bullet-hell shooters do, and I don't see why you didn't do that here.

Although I suppose you could call this "Obstacle-hell" thanks to the sheer amount of enemies on screen during the most intense fights.

Very Cool Game

i don't understand those retards that gave a bad review, Thumbs UP!, keep it that way!

Addictive. Challenging. Inspirational.

I've never had so much fun with a Flash game! There are some truly visionary and inspirational games on NG, and this is by far the best Shmup the site has to offer.
The ability to turn your guns manually alone could revolutionize the genre, but all the other customization options take that even further. I found myself changing my entire loadout to fit the specific needs of certain levels, so even a gun as overpowered as the Rubber Cannon can't carry you through the whole game.
My only comment as to how to improve the game would be to add more unique customization to shields and engines. This game totally nailed the weapons, but something like a really fast engine that has a "slippery" acceleration/deceleration would be cool and balanced, or a weak shield that regenerates. Also, the Ship Mods should make the ship look different.
Overall, one of the best submissions I've seen to the website!
Did I mention the visuals are beautiful?