Reviews for "Programmed to Love"

So many questions...

When I watched it, I thought at first: Ok, pretty simple, robot feelings and human/AI love, I've seen that before.
Then I noticed these emails under the credits (I guess not everyone notices them) and after reading them I began to wonder:
Did she really love him, or was her just mimicking the tv? Did he really love her, or was it just the gas? Who's this Tao guy? Does he have anything to do with the gas leak? Did he plan this all along to see what was going to happen? Was it all a conspiracy all along?
Who knows...
(PS) I really liked this "email feature" after the animation, very clever!

samsonloftin responds:

I will be honest and start off by saying the "email feature" was there to fix the story in the animation so calling it clever is giving it too much credit, but I really appreciate you reading through it and for that your questions will be answered.

She was just mimicking. It was just the gas. Dr. Tao is a jerk, which is why he ignored the gas leak emails. You're thinking to hard on the last two, but I like it.

Much thanks for the review. I do love answer story driven questions :D

I have seen this before.

I have to admit that it was a great twist in a story plot... the first time I saw it on Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. You should try to be more original when you think of a short story like this.

samsonloftin responds:

I haven't seen a Ghost in the Shell. I wrote the script with the intention of making it different from most robot human stories. That's how I came up with this.

Nice

Sucks to be that scientific. A robot can t do anything that is not programmed for... sometimes not even things that IS programmed for, or at least that happens with computer programs.

samsonloftin responds:

Well, we know she isn't programmed to kill...or is she?!?!

Nostalgia...

This reminds of an animated short i saw a very long time ago. It was part of a anime film festival, and the storyline here is very similar.

samsonloftin responds:

I would have never guessed this animation could convey nostalgia, but hopefully it's good kinda of nostalgia. Thanks.

short but it still shows the issue of love

as well as the issue of humans loving..well....nonhuman objects/things

its sad really.....if only a few things would be okay.....in terms of love....

luckily we mite get persocoms around 2050 (hopefully) but I wudn't know how well they can walk and such. only time will tell (that and we have natural resource depletion UGH, and then inevitable wars over natural resources.......and social security will be nonexistent.....kinda.....)

chobits reference****

samsonloftin responds:

I guess it could be kinda sad, but it would be odd to have a human in a intimate relationship with an inanimate object. However a human who is part robot is pretty hot.