Reviews for "CT Scrapped test"

animation was good

but thats about it though

Lol

lol you need a real british voice actor for those street thugs at the start, as it was kinda clear they were ment to be English Chavs from the hoodie one, but the bold one sounded like a character from Pop-Eye.

Jawnie responds:

They were done with real british voice actors...

The title was not what I've expected.

I thought that the title was supposed to be some kind of vagina joke! Yea, tom fulp forbid that it should actually be a vagina joke cuz you know he like his cock jokes, haha! Audio kinda sucks, but you made a decent effort. Keep up the good work!

PS: I'm not irrationally afraid of gay people, so I'm not a homophobe. I know and respect the fact that everyone's entitled to live their lives as they choose. Also, Tom: Don't be a sensitive fag cuz I'm just joking with you. Oh yea, one more thing: "insert" favorite penis joke for tom!

World's most boring sociopath.

It's hard to comment on much of this given its unfinished nature but there are a few things worth bringing up based on the little you've shown.

First of all I sincerely hope you have something more to make this series of yours interesting beyond Edith because based on what little was shown she is utterly dull. She lacks wit, personality, and doesn't even seem to have something as cliche as being a vampire or demon to make her interesting or relatable. Yes she's mentally unstable but so what? If you're going to keep her to being a very stoic and dry character she at least needs to have some wit or clever dialogue to make her fun to watch, and if you intend on making her playful then that personality needs to really shine through at all times.

For the rest of this episode's aspects, the art was pretty good, animation was virtually non-existent(more like an animated comic), and while Edith and most of the characters had decent voice work the two punks were awful. I actually needed to watch it again just to understand what in the world they were talking about, and that was with knowing British slang such as fag and quid.

I'm curious to see your first real episode, but I do hope that it will actually show us why this will be a series worth sticking around for.

Jawnie responds:

Pretty much my own opinion of this episode, I'm quite surprised it's been as well received as it has. The crappy dialogue was one of the main reasons I considered scraping it. The lack of enthusiasm in finishing it then lead to the lazy animation. All issues that will be addressed when the the series starts for real with episode 1.

But, yeah, I pretty much agree with what you said.

Well

I can tell that there was alot of effort into it, so I can go into this review with an open mind.

Now, the concept of the rebellious character is kind of of funny sometimes, but it seems to be used alot by people today who think they are the most badass, edgiest fucker alive. (Or at least makes they're character think so) The problem I see with this archtype is that it makes them invulnerable to anything, like a demi god. This makes them act like arrogant, very hateable little fags and invokes the reaction of "Wow I wanna punch that twat."..in me at least. When nothing really bad can happen to them...it's boring, because you know exactly what's gonna happen and how it's gonna play out.

The animation in some parts look slightly rushed, yet in other you showed like you really knew what you were doing. That showed potential. I can't say I'm a fan of the color pallet you used, but I get that this is kinda your first so look at other pics and study what colors they use. You know, something more bright and vibrant that won't make my retinas regurgitate. Also please practice shading..alot. I saw that you tended to overshade alot, and you had alot of unnecessary wrinkles and folds, and shaded the outside hair which I didn't get, lol. Wasn't a fan of the linework either but again you can work on that.

The main bitche's mic was decent, and her voice acting wasn't bad at all actually, but she really could enunciate a bit more for some words sounded clustered. The store clerk was perfect. The bald thug made me wanna shit my pants trying to know what the fuck he was saying. I am glad that fucker is dead.

Honestly this can go two roads right now, decent or terrigay. I can't say much about the plost as one wasn't established yet. I'm guessing it might be a one conflict-per-episode type deal, which is good depending on what you wanna do with these characters. I would say to work on making the character more of a sadist and less of a bitch, if that makes sense. I would recommend adding someone to mirror her personality like a cheerier, bright character. You know, to make her more bearable. Seriously, this right now looks like the DVD would be sold at Hot Topic or something.

But 4 real, I ain't hatin on a nigguh.

Jawnie responds:

It's actually something a bit different to the moody/edgy teenager archetype, though it wasn't portrayed very well in this (one of the main reasons I considered scrapping it). It will, however, be better portrayed properly when the series starts for real. And I'm well aware of the danger of characters becoming invulnerable and boring, this certainly will not turn out to be the case.

Colour palet was limited and linework was shoddy because it was rushed and not much thought or time was put into it. Overshading was intentional, it's not meant to be realistic. It just looked rather bland otherwise. I just thought it looked 'cool' or whatever... eh.

But thanks for the feedback. The stricter critics are always the more useful and insightful.