Reviews for "Circle Warrior"

Good

If there was checkpoints, and a upgrade system, and mabye also a easier learning curve, this would be great. Don't stop trying, cause you'll be great someday.

MSGhero responds:

In due time...when I come back to this type of game, I'll make it much better. This was more of a test for me. Thanks for the encouragement!

Omg he walks so fast xP

Lol, it's good for an experiment in AS3. I liked that you changed the background color at some parts.
He walks way too slow though, that's really annoying. The graphics weren't that great, but they were still good for an exercise. :)
In the end this is still more than what I can do with actionscript, so good job, and keep it up! I'm sure you could pull some really cool stuff off if you keep at it! :D

I found a little bug. If you die, you can play invisably and invounrably.

Really simple, but it works

I see how this can me really nice practice, but it's nothing special whatsoever. It's a simple sidescroller, with quite generic enemies, it doesn't have many flaws, but it could do a lot better.

Biggest issue for me is how incredibly slow you move. It feels tedious and takes forever to move along the map. The enemies are very generic, there really are only two unless you count the boss, which I found way to hard, mainly due to the very poor controls.

The level up system doesn't seem to do much, it heals me, and sure, it might make me stronger but there's not way for me to find that out without a damage counter of sorts. The game is so short that a proper level system wouldn't do much anyway, and leveling systems aren't normal in continuous 2D scrolles like this, unless it's separated in levels where you can upgrade in between.

The background music gets quite boring, the graphics are really, really simple, and the story is about as thin as it can get, all pretty important for an "RPG" sidescroller like this.

Cheers
KAG

MSGhero responds:

Thanks for the review. My purpose for this was learning and getting used to AS3, but I'll keep those tips in mind for the future. I wanted to expand it, but I have a nasty habit of going overboard and burning out : (

This game could use upgrades and checkpoints. Include more content and polish it up.

MSGhero responds:

I honestly forgot about this game. I'm in the middle of doing another TD game, so maybe I'll make another one of these down the line too.