Attention! We're rallying new Supporters to help us keep ads off Newgrounds!

Please consider becoming a Supporter today!

Shout out to @travsaus for megaphone tankman!

Reviews for "Charlie Chocolate Factory"

i like it

this is one of my absolute

....Favs?

Very nice!!

I had fun trying to find all the different combinations. I really liked the backgrounds and music

Great start, potential for a great game.

I really enjoyed this game, I liked the art style, and I think with more time and more work you could turn this into something incredible. Give it more of an adventure theme, let us harvest our ingredients from throughout the factory. Make bigger ingredients from smaller ones that you harvest, and maybe even sell our candy.
Just something to ponder. Golden work for such a small time frame.

tenentenen responds:

I wish we had more time, or were more skilled, and could get more out out the time, but I'm satisfied for now, maybe I'll make something similar later.

add it with magic try magic+magic=???? ???????????

oh wondrous childhood

Had a take a point off for design, i know you had only a handful of hours but font is a bit tacky and just the type with nothing outlining it or anything, makes it seem to blend with the background.
But.
I love this game.
I got chills when I put two "magics" in the machine. Such a beautiful concept, game, music, etc. It truly brings me back to the old original movie and allows me to finally visualize what Charlie would be doing afterward. I think a little nostalgia is wonderful and I'm happy you guys were able to create it.
Such a simple objective but so very magical.
How did you do the music though? did you make it yourself or did you find it? I love this version, so retro but still as enchanting as the original version.

Thanks for your review!
Yeah, I wish it could be more polished, but we were really strapped on time, as all the combinations and descriptions had to be hard-coded in, as well as all of the icons had to be made.
I took a midi of the song, and put it through a chip-tune conversion software to get that retro feel.