Reviews for "Children of Saturn"

Love it! I really like the mixing. Lots of nice sounds too and they all compliment each other well. Great work!

Thanks, dude!

This is a very good submission for the contest! I'm not going to take part in it myself, but it will be interesting to see how it turns out :3
I also like the artwork that inspired you (good job there, DreamForecast)!

While everything works very well in this track, I think my favourite part is those drums between 2:28 and 2:42 :'D They are so atmospherical, and are perfectly mixed imo! It's interesting to see such a part in a dance track :) (Same thing in the intro of course).
The mixing is splendid in general as well, I'd say. I love that transition that starts around 3:17! (The similar one at 1:07 => too ;p)

Really, I think you've done a splendid job with pretty much everything here! The choice of intruments too, not to speak of the chords and melodies XD
I would also say you succeeded quite well in portraying the unexplored in this track :'D

Good job, and good luck in the contest!!! (You're up against some though comptetition though; have you heard Johnfn's track?).

JoshuaHughes responds:

Appreciate the love again, LSD! The competition is certainly fierce. I've been doing my best to keep up with all the submissions, and all I can say is yes, it is very scary. But I'm having such a blast listening to it all and following all the artists in the process. I've been following Johnfn and I think he made a great track for the contest. I'm secretly hoping it will make it to RealFaction's top whatever results.

LOVED IT!! :D. The intro was amazing and I loved those sounds. When the Kick kicked in at around 0:40 I wanted to start rave :D. and when the buildup started at 1:10 I was only thinking "Flawless".
And 1:30. Holy cow and 1:30 O_O. Almost threw me out of the seat becuase of how awesome it was :D

Glad I participated in this contest or I never would have gotten to hear bout you :D.
Haven't gone through all the songs yet, but this is probably going to be one of my tree fan favourites :D.

Instant 5.

JoshuaHughes responds:

I'm truly humbled, good sir! Making stuff that makes other people enjoy themselves, however slight that is, feels great!

When a song lifts your spirit, you know it's right. That's why I know this is a good song. I like the sounds you use. Particularly the ones of the orchestra hits with those chord stabs, the in between melodies, and the snare with echo.

JoshuaHughes responds:

Means a lot to me, dude! Glad you got something from it.

Sweet dude! I really like your use of different synths to capture the atmosphere. That's one thing I'm not particularly good at.

If I were to make any compliant it'd be that the 2nd half is not varied enough for it to really wow you by the end. It's a bit recycled by that point. Other than that I love it!

JoshuaHughes responds:

Thanks for the review! These are really helping me get a lot better a lot faster. Gotcha on the 2nd half. I'll make a mental note of it.