Reviews for "Ogre & The Witch"

Interesting

I found this to be rather short but you did a really good job considering it looks like you just used color pencils, not sure if you used crayons either. Really short but it was still corny and clever I think. Experimental and funny.

The animation was nice since it was drawn from scratch on paper too. Do not see those or claymations too often either. The chest and one eyed ogre were cool while the witch and wizard at end stuck to the stereotyped looks which is nice to see since now in modern books and such they aren't stuck to a stereotype anymore which is good as well.

The voice acting was rather solid on this so I was happy to see some of that come in here. Not sure what the witch said half the time and I recognized just one spell from Harry Potter and that was about it. Funny how the ogre locked part of itself in the chest and returned to the cave after killing the witch with her pot.

Overall, probably took a bit of time but it turned out well so nice work there. Looking forward to future pieces as well.

Review Request Club

ToonCastleTV responds:

Ty very much ^^ This did take A LOT of time... and I used mostly PASTELS, with a bit of crayon ;) I did the voice acting lol :P had to get right into it hehe. and yea i just went with what felt natural during the entire production. Thanks for the review, really reviews like this is what keeps me working :)

fresh and interesting!

wow, i gotta say this isn't your run of the mill flash because...well..its crayon!

i have never seen an animation done in this style, and i gotta say it was interesting.

"unlockus maximus!" XD i like that line.

you would get a 10 except for 2 things

1- the audio cracks a bit when they talk, and its a bit distracting.
2- the loading time...its a bit big considering the length.

besides that sweet flash and interesting idea!

ToonCastleTV responds:

Haha, I just went and fixed the sound issue the best I could ;) Should be good now. Thanks man ^^
and word, I could have had a 5mb file with OK quality but I wanted high quality so thats why the big file.

Mi gusta

Pretty fun, just a bit short.

Yea only a minute but fuck, i covered everything i wanted 2 with it

Funny

Negative aspects first: 15MB, I was hoping for something longer here. Good thing that I got VDSL installed at my home two months ago. With my old connection this flash would've taken forever to load.

Ranting done, on with the actual review:
I don't know what it is, but I really like the graphics here. Sure, they may look "childish" in some way, but at least I haven't seen any flash before that made use of this crayon-like graphics. So you get some points for originality here. ;)

The story is very fast paced, but at least you don't drag the flash along endlessly. You come straight to the point, which I really like (may sound like I'm contradicting myself here with my previous rant. But I was only ranting about the file size, not about the length of the flash).

I think the animations should be a lot smoother. You have some very good animations in this flash, like when the witch pours the liquid, but sometimes you only have still frames, which destroys the flow of the flash a bit.

Overall I give you 8 stars because I found this flash highly entertaining and I want to encourage you to produce more episodes in the future. :)

{ Review Request Club }

ToonCastleTV responds:

lol thanks I apreciate it. I'm well aware that animation could have been smoother but it works well enough to visualize at least. This was only made for school and I am working on flash based projects now! but they will still continue to be dope ;)

Good, but story lacks.

I like the animation, don't see much classical stuff anymore. It seems to work well, though there were a few rough patches.

I took three stars off for the story, since I found it a bit boring(no offense).

I think you could've had it to be a bit more entertaining in my opinion.

Not to say that the plot you did have wasn't good at all, it just needed some work.

Maybe the Ogre could've morphed into the witch herself, then had a epic fight scene with the original witch dying, then the Orge saying an epic quote of the sorts.

Eh, just my opinion.

Review Request Club <(@.@)>

ToonCastleTV responds:

Wow that idea is actually very good!