Reviews for "Castaway 2"

Lots of improvement from 1

I like the changes you have made. such as being able to revive pets, the crafting system, and the more interconnected feeling of the in-game world. The levels are great expanses and the graphics are pretty good.
I have noticed a glitch tho... If you have two of the same shield it says they both equip making it so you cant sell the extra without unequipping your active shield.
I also have a few suggestions on little additions.
1: It doesn't seem you can sell eggs in stores so the only option is to hatch them.
2:Adding hot keys for the quick select bar with the default selection being the hero. Its a little hard to select the things there while still focusing on the battle.
3:It would be nice if there were buttons inside the pop-up menu to switch between inventory, stats, quests, ect. but this isn't really that important just a nice touch.
4: Automatically accept new quests when you talk to a statue. I mean there's never a reason to not accept it right?
Anyway of what Iv played so far this is a good game and I plan to play more. Keep up the great work.

Pretty good so far

To the guy below, don't worry about selling or discarding your stick, because you can buy it at the weapon shop later under blunt weapons

This game is great, but

I liked the old graphics better they gave it a cool old time rpg asppect, but don't get me wrong this is still a great game.

Hmm, a great improvement!

The improvements of this game was definitely obvious compared to the original version! Bravo!

Well, finished the game today, and I have to say it's a great game, and a huge improvement over Castaway I. The original can be really frustrating to play, this game is actually fun!

Pros:
1. Great graphics
2. Nice pet system... I really love my pet!
3. A huge world, takes a lot of hours to beat
4. One of the best flash RPGs online... and it's free!

Cons:
1. Can lag if you have a slow computer
2. Lots of glitches that have to be fixed! White screen, freezing, not able to move... really affect the experience.
3. Repetitive music... there are only 3 tracks I think, they are very nice to hear at first, but repetitive afterwards.
4. No detailed map... almost guaranteed to lost unless we look for a walkthrough online.
5. Hatching takes way too long!
5. Very, very little hints of what I'm supposed to do/not do. Just a few examples: There's no way to know I shouldn't sell the stick because it's important for a later quest. And if I craft an item before a crafting quest, I cannot finish the quest.
6. The weight system is quite annoying and doesn't really add anything to the gameplay.

Despite the negatives though, I can see a lot of effort put into the game and I have great fun playing it.

Tips to players:
1. This is the best walkthrough/guide for the game:
http://guido logy.com/2011/05/03/castaway-2-crafti ng-guide/ (no space)

2. The mage class is the best class (maybe even overpowered). Learn Miasma (tier 3 poison) and Thunder Dome (tier 3 thunder) and you will level up real fast!

3. Loomi is the best pet in the beginning of the game, but towards the middle, get a Glacier Anacondas (Ice Snake). Towards the end, get a Fire Starter (Lava turtle thing). It is the best pet overall.

4. The best weapons are Razor Sword, Morning Star and Deadwood Staff.

5. Don't rush, or you'll get stuck without the important items to proceed.