Reviews for "Smokin'"

meh

decent flash, wasnt bad at all, but wasnt amazing. wonder if smokers know the sensation theyre getting comes from depriving their body of oxygen, not chemicals special to cigarettes. try breathing really fast in and out of a plastic bag, youll get high. :P

usually i judge what i buy by comparing it to what could have bought. instead of seeing, what, $7.50 now per pack, i see 3 1Ib bags of sunflower seeds or 6 64 oz of coke refills, and so on. cigs are a waste of cash imo.

Thanks for your review Mr. Drizzle

To set the record straight

Columbus didn't bring tobacco to the new world, the Indians (Native Americans for PC whiners) had it and traded vices with us for alcohol. Guess those curses really work if you wait long enough.

However, I try to avoid people like you when I'm smoking, so I make no apologies for my habit. But random bitching aside I know this is kind of joking, so good work.

vakavadesigns responds:

I'm not really an anti-smoking Nazi, I picked the song because it's short and I wanted to make a quick animation. I don't get in anyone's face over it, I just make tracks. Thanks for the review!

reminds me of the animation I made :)

/portal/view/561753

but yeh.. animation was well storyboarded and all that, although I have a few principle disagreements with your pragmatics.

Pretty nice animation for the song!

As a smoker myself, I respect people's right to not be exposed to second-hand smoke. Although I don't mind, others do.

On a side note... indoor smoking is disgusting, hahaha. Lingering odors are horrible. ;)

Good animation, douche song

Now I already know this review is going to get pegged by some goody-two-shoes but quite honestly, I don't give a shit.

Let's start with the bad first. I did not enjoy the song, To be honest, it was very douche-y and narcissistic. If you don't smoke, that's absolutely fine, but when you push your little anti-smoking agenda on others and try to force them to quit or peg them just because you don't like smoking, you travel into prick territory. It's their body, and they have the right to do whatever they like, who the fuck do you think you are to make fun of them? (and half of the "anti- smokers" have equally disgusting or unruly vices or habits) And if you don't like smokers, GET AWAY FROM THEM. If you see someone smoking, hold your breath and move. If your family member or friend smokes, don't hang around them as much. Simple solutions for dumb selfish problems. Not to mention it becomes an addiction. Would you walk to a suffering meth-head and tell them "meth is bad for you" or the same for a cocaine addict? Kick 'em while they're down why don't you.
Not to mention most of the points in the song were retarded and there's only like 5 chords total.

HOWEVER, you did not create the song and I guess it's your opinion in essence so I won't fault the flash rating for that.

Now the good part. The animation was stellar and very creative. It was extremely fluid, and I think I see the metaphor you were going for with the smoker being a "crock". *sigh*

I am reluctant and it is taking all of my will to give you this score, seeing as I thoroughly dislike the concept, but a good animator deserves his due. I will not be the man to deny you just based off my opposition in opinion. 8/10

vakavadesigns responds:

My biggest disagreement with you is that the animation was stellar haha - I'll do better next time.

Now one thing you may want to realize is that the singer makes great efforts to be outlandish and extreme. For him, just a mild protest wouldn't be enough, he's going full-bore for maximum comic effect.

I didn't realize there were only 5 chords in the song. I can't even count that high.

Thanks for the good rating despite your inclinations. I can guarantee my next animation will be a lot more neutral and nonconfrontational! :)