Reviews for "Urban Wars"

wow

I really have fun. I live music. I love concept. I love gameplay !

Great Job Man

Awesome!

Great strategy game! Graphics are good, concept is awesome, music is the SHIT!
My only gripe is that the game seems to lag on the in-between battle animations and such. Gets kind of annoying after awhile. Still, great game.
btw, wherever did you find this awesome music?!

I really like this game, GOES TO FAVORITES !

Intriguing concept with a flawed finished product.

Let me start off by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed this game, it was fun, well thought out, quite addicting and it deserved a perfect mark for effort alone :)

However, as I played the game, a few things came to mind that I thought needed improvement.

Firstly the Mama and Police superpowers were just plain frustrating at times. Everytime you'd get a little bit ahead of the AI in gang member numbers, the AI would seemingly chuck a bitch fit and throw a Police or Mama to try to clear the battlefield, which would happen up to 3 times for each superpower in every battle. Most of the time they were only delaying their inevitable loss by doing this and it made the battles much longer and much more boring.

I loved the "Rock, Paper, Scissors; Fat Guy, Girl, Boy" concept that you introduced in order to give the different gangs members strengths and weaknesses but I felt as though you should have gone deeper into it, so that the different gang members are even more unique. For example, it would have been outstanding if you gave each of them the ability to be immune to a certain superpower, a "perk" if you will. The fat guys could have the "Fearless Bastard" perk which would make them immune to the police, the girls could have the "Mama's Girl" perk which would make all girls immune to Mama's attacks and the boys could have the "Reverse Psychology" perk which would make them happy and the enemy sad if a superkick is used. You could have also given the different gangs various starting stat bonuses to reflect upon the gangs lifestyle with a clever little subtitle to explain e.g. "Bling Bling!" - Rapper group starts off with 300 extra dollars or "Mess with us...you get the horns!" - Metal group starts off with +1 Power for all members.

The game itself is solid and enjoyable and I can tell that a lot of work was put into it. The gang member upgrades are visually enticing and humourous and the achievements and medals only add to the greatness. In my eyes, you're worthy for a rating of 10/10 due to this game that kept me entertained for more than a few hours. Keep it up! :D

Wat No Rockabilly kats?