Reviews for "Magi: The Fallen World"

Amazing

Definitely worth the hype and good ratings! From what I am used to, this rpg brought back originality and didn't try to do "too much". Was simple fun and kept my attention for hours. A second game with a better quest system and level and dungeon order would be nice. But other than that, a great game to add to the intense "must play" newgrounds games!

friggin awesome

Awesome game!! Good concept, fun and smooth gameplay, really nice graphics..
The game could, however, be improved on some points.

First, the stats and classes of armour. I had a Broken Armor that was twice as good as a Superior Armor. Doesn't sound logical to me.Also, there are too many pieces of equipment/weapons you find. Most of it is lesser than your current equipment, so it's a bit unneccesary and it makes you reach your weight capacity very easily, which makes me go to town to sell it the whole time.

I couldn't help but seeing a statue every time I entered the battlefield. I was playing as the mage, and on the battlefield she looks like a walking statue (or golem..). You might want to add a little colour to her.

One thing that's quite bugging me is the positions of stairs and teleport stones.
I've noticed that the second time i continued the game (with the same character) the next day after the first play, the teleport stone and stairs moved to complete random new positions. I don't know if this is a bug but it is bugging me to be honest.

One aspect that is also lacking is the damage properties of the spells. The spells do very different amounts of damage, yet if I check the skills in the menu, it says something different than it actually is. For example, lvl 1 fireball does 100% elemental damage, while meteor does only 30% elem. dmg. Yet when i use these spells in battle, meteor does much more damage than the fireball does.

This thing is nothing big, but should be more clear. Upgrading a spell/skill apparently requires another spell book to move it to the next level. I didn't know that and kept selling all those books of the skills i already had.

One of the best things about this game is that, aside from the gameplay, the button clicking, response and animation are all very smooth which makes the game much more comfortable to be played. This is something you don't see in too many flash games, which makes this a big fat ++plus++.

One final thing I'm just wondering about: the medals. I got several medals but couldn't check them out anywhere, neither on this NG page, nor in-game.

I may have a lot of points of criticism but this is definately one of my favourite internet games. Keep it up!!!!

i like the art

Can i get the loading screen art as a wallpaper?

Great Game

Wow some hyper critical reviews on here. First off you created an amazing game considering its a new grounds completely free game. Not sure what everyone expects from you, you want deeper game play, better graphics, etc. etc. go pay for it. As for a number of posts complaining about a bug that forces you to go right. I had the same problem and have run into it a few times with multiple games on newgrounds. All i seem to have to do is press the direction they are constantly running and they stop this worked for me in this game. Please other posters let me know what you are comparing this game to on new grounds that earns it a score less then 5 perhaps I just have not found these polished games that make this one pale in comparison

Very nice

Cool game, although it was just a tad too repetitive. I chose warrior. It was way too easy for me though. I brought whatever stat affected DEF up to 50 and then put the rest on DEX (dexterity). Almost never was hit and had enough DEF to withstand the big hits from bosses. I don't know if there was this feature or not, I didn't see it right off the bat so I didn't go looking for it, a save feature. <--- would really be nice to have