Reviews for "Magi: The Fallen World"

imbalanced

Poor equipment balance
Unnecessary waste of time grinding
Flashy graphics, but still really bad looking (especially for attacks.. wow terribad)
DIablo clone fail

Kinda premature

Definitely, you and/or your mates have worked on this game a lot. Not going to compare this game with existing games like Diablo, Nox, but I've to say, there is nothing special, I tried to wait till I am 45th lvl and it is still the same. You really do need a better plot.

Graphics:
- Really good for a flash-game, especially the animations. Felt kinda oldies, I like that.
- User interface is not "that" friendly, it is really nice to see the things "Currently Equipped" while comparing it with another item, but on Character UI it is on the left, while buying it is on the right (or reverse, can't remember.)
- Drag'n drop short cuts are good, yet I still do not understand why a Mage's primary attack can not be changed from Melee attacks to some other "more useful" things
- Map doesn't tell you anything, it is just an interface to point and click... it can give us a better visual communication with telling the quest related ones, the expected levels etc.

Sounds:
- In the beginning yep it feels great, "You can't kill me" etc... then gets boring. May be you should mix different types of creature packs for mixed sounds (I didn't try the other game types since the game didn't convince me.)
- As I said, for different dungeons, depending on the hardness or level/hardness music can be a little easy going midi something

Controls:
- Sometimes, my character has to wait to turn back while in combat. (Playing Win7 64bit Pro / Chrome Latest / Flash Latest)

Game design:
- Nearly infinite variations of equipment? That has to relay on something, you should add some different values, char type, dungeon level, it is seriously ridiculous to find a good for nothing item in the 3rd level of the dungeon
- Better The Plot please.
- Dungeon system is really good for this game, don't have to go on hexagons but it'll be better.
- You level up, ok, you change Island, ok, on the next island, you are still a level 1, so you level up, ok, you change Island... add mini games like defend the castle or something pretty please.
- Also it is seriously boring, that we die to the same visual creatures, at least change the colours of champions, elites, legendary etc.
- Secret rooms, traps may add something but this is just a "meh we did think of it" idea of mine :)

Bug:
- Just encountered 1 bug so far, an equipped weapons icon didn't present, when I did click on a weapon, it dropped to the inventory, then I equipped another staff and sold it, may be happened just for once. But it was a purple item.

Thanks for the experience, nice work.
*cheers*

it gets boring after awhile

its hard to find better equipment. on the first island i got too strong, yet not strong enough for the legendary and on the second island the creatures were the same creatures on the first island.

was ok

but the second island is just an extension of the first

Go to area

Find x amount of items

Kill unique unit

find object

thats it

Repetitive

Dont get me wrong, this is a superb RPG, however it is brought down by such a lack of variety. In addition, some features such as upgrading weapons and armour seem rather lackluster as they can potentially be swapped out at any time leaving the whole process rather pointless.
The music could also be expanded upon as hearing the same victory jingle 70 times in a row gets annoying and combat needs more depth than running around in circles and power-drinking potions when your health/mana gets low.