Reviews for "Hunters - Relic of Stars"

Nice Game

The art is basic and crude, the game play basic and crude, the enemies not very smart and easily figured out, the story, a bit slow, but I was still compelled to play just to see what happened. The final boss got on my nerves there for a moment but figured it out. Had fun, hope to see more! 5/5 8/10

hmm

Well am not hating but the games story line is quite interesting, but each room you pass its just the same concept over and over agen ill give you a 7 for effort least you tried but i played to an extent where i just got bored and couldn't carry on. But nice little game you got there.

If I wanted to play Metroid...

It definitely has a Metroid feel to it, but there's something about it that doesn't fully capture me...

Custom controls in games like these are always nice, regardless of how perfect you think you have them.

It's solid, but rather bland, even with all the questioned posed in the first stage. It's like, if I don't play the next games ever, it wouldn't matter that much.

It's a little frustrating

I think 7 is a good score for this game, it's got more than enough to keep any player occupied. That thing I found frustrating was having to kill the same enemies every time I accidentally went into a different room. I also never took the time to finish the game, because I saw you had the C button included to switch weapons (when available) whatever that means. Well I played for a while and I never found any different weapons, and I was a little bit pissed because that little pistol just wasn't going to do it for me. Good try keeping my attention though, good luck with your future games.

Its a good game, but horrendously disappointing

When I saw front page feature and all the well known voice actor cast, I was actually really excited for this game.

Its not a bad game overall, but the hype makes you expect something amazing. Thats probably why people are so disappointed here.

As far as the game itself goes, its really on the right track. The general concept is pretty decent, but there are some serious presentation flaws.

1. Plot is ridiculously blunt and corny. You could probably do the same exact plot but with some minor differences in dialog and cutscenes and make it so much more interesting.

2. Boss AI is repetitive and too simple. So its only fun for the first 8 seconds of it.

3. Graphics could really use work. There were a lot of overused gradients in this game. Characters were blocky and disproportionate. If art is not your forte, then you should just learn to draw simpler. You'd be surprised to find that simplified visuals actually help tremendously. You could also do sprites.

PS: Since when did machine guns deal less damage than hand guns? I mean, I suppose there is gameplay balance to consider, and it IS in the future, but you didn't have to call out your own plot device so blandly like that.