Reviews for "Hunters - Relic of Stars"

Nice game

Very nice game, graphic could be better 8/10 and 5/5

Nice.

This is a good fast paced platform shooter. Not too hard but not easy at times either. My only problem is the animation in the cutscenes. It seems kind of stiff, like the characters don't move much. Voicials are great though.

Smooth controls/gameplay, needs work on gfx/plot

Enjoyed the game, it was fun because of the responsive and friendly controls. Difficulty level was good. Lotsa games look great in the visual fx department but lack enjoyable controls/gameplay mechanics, so it's nice to see this game taking the gameplay route here, which is what matters most imho.

The upgrade to the weapon was a nice touch, although the new weapon kinda made using the old one sorta pointless, maybe some further balancing or adding scenarios that make changing weapons useful (example. maybe one gun is better at removing a barrier, etc).

Plot/Dialogue could use some beefing up, was a somewhat shallow and some parts felt like someone was just just reading off a sheet. Most games don't have deep plot anyway so it's not unusual to relegate this sort of thing to the bottom of the priority list.

Sound fx/music was enjoyable and suitable for the gameplay experience. I liked it overall. It wasn't too slow or annoying repetitive, and it wasn't too loud or overpowering. I think it was a good balance.

Graphics are an area that may need some improvement, the facial animations were good, but the quality of the character drawings was somewhat mediocre, perhaps it helped with the smooth gameplay experience to have simplified graphics I suppose, and the quality was sufficient enough to enjoy the experience.

Overall I was entertained with the game and looking forward to the next release.

Rhete responds:

Thanks for the review :)

It was alright.

The controls were kinda clumsy.
Other than that i was a fun game.

Plays like Metroid, minus the Ambience

Good game mechanic, with a map that shows you where to go without holding your hand and showing you the patch, keeping you just out of frustration over it.

Good voice and sfx quality, besides the machinegun, which for the most part was too quiet to hear, but was unique in that way, I suppose.

The soundtrack choices were so so for me, but I would nitpick about that, being a composer. That one's up to you; not really mine to rate.

I'm not a pro gamer or anything, so I couldn't get past the tank boss on easy, but up to that point, the game played smooth and well!