Neat concept but poor execution
First let me say I love the concept of eating your way to better strength and speed (despite the lame "that's a meaty boner!" line) and the artwork is superb. Sadly, though it dropped the ball in gameplay and level design.
At a certain "meatiness" point it's far easier (and frankly more entertaining) to simply run by enemies then to take the time to kill them. At the same time, however, if you do die later in later levels, it's nearly impossible (or at least too frustrating to keep trying) to put the meat back on your bones - mainly because of the enemies that stun you. Ultimately your only option is to try running past everyone until you find a werewolf to eat... but I finally quit after continually being stunned when trying to jump a chasm (which is very annoying).
- Background art and character design are beautiful
- The controls handle fluidly and feel very professional
- Characters are far too easy to kill when "meaty", but far too hard when not
- Having chasms are cool. Having stunning enemies are cool. Having both are not.
- Needs some new weapons besides the flaming boner and your fists (gets boring fighting characters).
- Need more characters you can eat later in the game
Ultimately, I think if there were some minor tweaks to gameplay, this could be a really fun game... but as is, it's a pretty but ultimately insubstantial platform game.