Reviews for "Fucking Bugs"

Not bad

-It would be awesome if enemies were a different color. They aren't easy to see if they are on your hill.
-You should not share hitpoints with your hill.
-Add enemies that shoot. Give us a reason to jump - to dodge enemy attacks
-take away the ability to shoot while eating. It was way too easy.

This might make a good platformer too. Maybe a light story, different upgrade paths. Good potential.

MrRandomist responds:

i guess its just player prefrence but if we disabled shooting while eating a lot of complaints would come out :)
but you do state some good points that we could improve on!

not bad....

fairly good game

thanks :D

Good game mired by bad controls

Overall the game was good, a fairly decent defense game. The inability to see what amounts to half the screen keeps things frantic, even when you get to the point where you can mow down bugs with one shot. By keeping you moving it keeps things interesting. However while the game is never dull it does suffer from two issues. The first is the story, which doesn't make much sense, but since it's an arcade style game the story doesn't matter at all. The big thing is the controls. Tapping the spacebar with thumbs is slow and awkward. So the compromise I found was to shift a hand so that I could tap with the fingers. This meant while eating I either couldn't shoot, or wasn't ready to move. Now while eating and moving sounds redundant, during the more hectic moments screwing around with shifting hands really gets annoying. My recommendation would be to take out the jump, which is utterly useless, and reassign the eat function to the W key. Alternatively keep it at the spacebar, but switch it to a hold function, possibly freezing the bug and adding a meeter to measure eat progress. Either the tapping, or imobilizing the bug while eating will still keep the pressure of choosing between defense and growth, without the needless hassle of using the thumbs to tap or shifting hands.

Also, as a side note, this sort of game just screams for an endless/endurance mode.

MrRandomist responds:

everything you said is true, there is so much we can add and keep going, especially the endurance mode...that would be awesome!
as for the pressing space and having the need for a jump (changing/removing ect) is completely true but while doing tiny play tests while rushing the game it definitely needed some kind of jump even if it is redundant it just has some freedom to it but swapping out the keys (w to space) would definitely be a great thing to improve and make the game so much more playable!

Ouch. My hand.

This would've been a great way to kill time if you didn't have to tap the space bar to eat. Why not just hold it and not be able to move whil you do so? That would make more sense and be a lot easier on one's wrist.

MrRandomist responds:

because we where cheap and arrogant at the time, thats what no sleep does to you :'(

Too simple.

and weird.

MrRandomist responds:

and thats the great thing about it ;P