Reviews for "High Tea"

Love it...however...

The game is excellent... it seems that if you make more in the beginning and get more tea in the beginning the game compensates.... My only suggestion/question is why can't you buy your own ships.. and why not have upgrades for the ships?

Awesome game

I think you really did a very good job with this game.
It seems that the obvious strategy is buy low sell high, but still

??? -> PROFIT

In the end I've reached a score of 36M and was only 5 crates away from the final order.

Nevertheless, great game.

Finally Something Original

WOW its been awhile since i've seen an original genre at NG,
This is like Econ101 all simplified into a game (with lil world history as well)
Love the market, the buy low, sell high, make profit, convert profit to goods, complete order, start again. As well as navigating the fluctuations, risk vs reward, predicting the market, ect ect.

The bit of history stuff is like 'heh, wel damn, i jest LeRnd sumtin' " so i kinda feel smarter already after playing your game.

It may be asking much, but please make a sequel stand alone game? Not based off of history or nothin but keep the concept and let us roll with it?

Great fun!

At first glance, this game appears to be simple, but requires a somewhat complex strategy. Therefore, making it the perfect flash game My only complaint is that in the late game, it gets rather annoying only being allowed to buy 30 crates of tea or Opium at a time. The gameplay mechanics can most likely be applied to a number of historical scenarios(E.G. trading rum for slaves).
Anyway, here is the strategy I used:
1.) buy low, sell high, this one is obvious
2.) but always keep at least a few crates of opium in reserve, you never know when a big order will pop up.
3.) If you have 3 or more boats, don't worry about losing one to the Chinese, especially if you have a bribe card.
4.) Keep an eye on your deadlines, and of course the constantly fluctuating prices.
5.) Always keep a little cash in reserve, you never know when the tea or opium market will bottom out.
6.) But not too much cash, there is no point in saving money. if you have 8,000+, spend some of it on tea, regardless of current price.

i honestly like it

great risk vs reward type of game! i got about 2.5 mil as a final score, so i think i did reasonably good.

great time waster, and wonderful presentation :D