Reviews for "Movie Jam: Encounter"

haha

SURPRISE BUTTSEX!

DUDE!

just the sound of that thing fucking omw my mind AHHHH!

mixed thoughts

The animation was decent, I liked how you colored the eyes on the characters so they'd pop out and have the viewer pay attention to the face more, the story was unexpected and lived up to the source material's name. It's unlike something I usually see on this site but I didn't find it funny or very enjoyable despite the immense originality.

O.o

Wow didn't see that comming nice

I cringed, but still liked it.

That was... unexpected. I am so glad I didn't read the backstory beforehand. I've always liked noir and the blue of her eyes really stand out well. The sounds at the end with him sobbing and the... other sounds... were perfect. I also really liked the creative decisions you guys made compared to the original story.

SPOILER ALERT
Taking away the hobo and having the girl run away in terror and disgust, changing the hot nurse to the chick who he "fell" for, and I'm pretty sure the feral dog was the greasiest and most rat-like dog around.
SPOILER ALERT

There were however a large number of minor things that bothered me. Her cigarette wasn't lit and she didn't actually exhale any smoke, when he was falling down the stairs it seemed a little too flowy? to me compared to the rest, Something was off about the girl's voice, and the guy's voice when he said "Oh my gaawwdd" was a little too reminiscent of that scene from Trolls.

These are all really minor details, so I'll only take off one point for them.

A 9/10 and a 5/5

AlmightyHans responds:

Thanks for the feedback. The turning shot of the girl was one of the last things Jenny animated. After having seen her work her ass off for thirty hours (Well, 29 hours after having checked her work time tracker, if you want to get nit picky haha) we all collectively decided to fuck adding that smoke animation in since we were very close to deadline and really just wanted to put it up here after working the whole weekend on it.

The girl's voice might seem a bit off because well, it's a dude doing the voicework hahaha. Hans did all of it and I thought he did an awesome job. Oh, and the "oh my gaawwdd" line was indeed a reference to the Troll 2 scene, glad you caught it :D

I don't want you to think I'm getting all butthurt or anything, by the way. It's hard to come off as you intend to on the internet. I really do appreciate your feedback and I just wanted to let you in on some of the finer details of the going ons and behind the scenes shenanigans of the animation. Glad to see that you enjoyed it! We'll all continue to do our best in our forthcoming projects :)

~ AOR