Reviews for "Dungeon Developer"

A bit boring but...

I like the idea, and the ending song made me lol, the main character has a sick face and voice.

Nice

the voice at the end is terrible quality and the song/ attack fx sometimes sound harsh through my HD headset but other wise its pretty fun, wish it had more though. Also the AI is pretty random/dumb and will backtrack alot, sometimes after killing something, even on a straight hall. Otherwise its great!

Fun

There are a lot of possibilities to this game, and a lot of outcomes. How you design the dungeon directly affects your preparedness for the dragon, whether it's the experience of your characters and how many are 15, or just their equipment. In my case, which is probably a bit of a rarer one I assume, a ring that gave me instant resurrection dropped (Full health at 0% HP rather than at 30% like some of the others), so my rogue single-handedly slayed the dragon simply because he was impossible to kill, but not before my highest level cleric got killed.

Worth playing through more than once in my opinion.

Splendid!

This game is absolutely splendid! While the idea isn't entirely original, it is surely under-represented.

Almost all aspects of the game are very well polished. The music is very reminiscent of good ol' dungeon crawlers and the graphics are very cute. I like the multiple classes that appear and their abilities and the shop items that earn you money.

I think the element of strategy is very well balanced here. There might be a little more luck involved when it comes to chests. Damage items can be hard to come by sometimes and they certainly hurt how fast you progress. But it also adds to the difficulty. My first playthrough I ended up getting more money items than damage and I made my way to the lower levels too quick only to have my top level heroes die in battle. Second time around I got a little smarter and allowed my heroes to 'grind' a little before progressing even when I had the money.

The strategy is certainly there. It's nice and I like the way the levels progress.

Some small issues that I found a little annoying was the pathfinding. Sometimes the heroes would turn back even though the path was straight. They'd encounter an enemy and turn back again. The other thing is the crowded space that sometimes happens because of the random tile spawning each time you play. Some levels had the stuff all clogged together in a 4x6 area and I couldn't push my heroes along with gold either because they couldn't be placed. It was either avoid it and miss out on a lot of items and money or risk the traps and so on.

Also slightly annoying was the shop management. It was very tedious looking at each item individually among the heroes. I think there should be a 'shop' screen that displays all the heroes and their items so that I don't have to click each one individually. That way I can manage the items better. And also getting rid of older items would be a lot easier.

The dungeon crawl mode was a fine addition. I found out that my dungeon was actually way too easy and by the time I got to the dragon, my hero was very much underleveled. A fine feature to add.

This game has immense replay value which I love. A really enjoyable one.

I had lots of fun!