Reviews for "Land of the Free"

You're fighting for your own freedom, to let others be free as well.
It has that magical feeling to it, and the mood is well-fit for a battle, determined for victory.
Alright, before I go insane again about God, morals and understanding of Bible (3 things I have no idea about, but hope to learn some day), I'll end the review with a phrase: "nice instruments and mastering/mixing"
5/5

Thank you. Once again there is something about this composition that transcends reality. You can sing this in any language and the human heart from any culture will feel uplifted. Thank you for sharing your gift. This remains, as when I heard the French version, to be one of my favorite songs ever.

As PotentApogee mentioned, the phrase, 'To fight for futures that we will one day all embrace!' seems to be squished to fit with the intended melody. The melodic contour at that point in the composition seems to suggest a sense of importance and resolve.

I have to admit that I started singing along and perhaps, 'To fight for futures that we will soon embrace!' might feel less squished and lift the line to the melodic climax it was intended to become.

Thank you and may God bless you!!

Lol your so amazing my mom doesn't even believe that I came across such a talented Person like you! :D

Troisnyx responds:

I'm just glad that you really enjoyed this. Thank you! Perhaps, take this as an opportunity to share the songs with your mum -- I hope she'll like them!

Well the vocals sound a bit flat but overall, I like the song.

It's good to hear things from you, Trois. I think music is one of those things that He has planned for you, and you should definitely keep doing. As I've already mentioned to you, this is one of my favorite songs and I'm always happy to hear a new version when you think of little tweaks to be made (I also greatly enjoyed Usagiflower's version).

As mentioned in previous comments, the main singing does seem to be muted (compared to the original French), almost like the mic wasn't in prime position. I will assume (based upon what you've told me) that with the issues that are going on, finding time to sing can be problematic and one can be easily distracted. However, the third verse doesn't seem to be as muted and comes closest to matching the same level as the original version. There did seem to be one problem with the third verse... at about 3:20/3:21 there's a free-ranging high-note that just does not seem to fit any movement going on (back- or fore-ground).

As always, I great enjoyed this remake, and I will be praying for you. ~~Theatr