Reviews for "Land of the Free"

great melody, love the piano, nice job getting the vocals although their not for me but still its a nice addition to the song, you should make more stuff like this sir n__n!! i make music also.

- Pandasticality

Troisnyx responds:

I don't doubt you do make music, though I'd rather listen on its own merits, than have someone splay it out shamelessly to me.

Glad you liked the song although the vocals were not the best. I do stuff like this too, so feel free to sift through my uploads if you so desire. For my part, when I'm able, I'll listen and review what you have put up thus far.

Marvellous sound. It's brilliant to see another track from you after your 'Ballad of the Windfish' cover, which is why I followed you in the first place. Long-awaited indeed!

The instrumental, as ever, is that sparkly, uplifting sound that stemmed from the original, and it is wonderful on the ears. I do admire the lyrics, positive and poetic as they are, but I think that some parts like 'To fight for futures that we will one day all embrace!' are slightly too long, and that sentence, although wondrously sung, sounds like it struggles to fit in before the chorus.
It's the same with 'Humiliation no longer the enemy', with the words 'longer' and 'the' sounding like they're almost fused together.

I listened to this through speakers and your voice sounds noticeably more muffled and shakier than the French version. I sense this was kind of rushed (please forgive me if it wasn't, I am no vocalist myself.)

I sent you a PM (a few days ago, I think) about Wednesday. It was short because I was unsure as to what to write since, as a mere Internet admirer, I'm in the dark about your situation. But I hope all goes well, and you certainly will be in my thoughts. It will all come together in your favour. And that is something I am sure of.

Keep it up, friend, and God keep you.

4 / 5

I don't know which parts you did, if it's both the singing and the composition or just either or. Either way, the song itself is pretty neat, but the vocals sound pretty dissonant since they're a little out of tune. However, I digged the overall mix of the track, but sadly the piano vs. kind of brings certain parts down at some points. I think it's mainly because the key velocity remains sounds very static from time to time, which makes the track seem very synthetic, and that's something I'd rather not hear in a classical track.

Apart from the issues I mentioned, it's a neat song, and I hope I'll hear more of it.

Keep it up, lad/lass!

//Kabalist.

Troisnyx responds:

I did both. *blush* My singing was not a strong point at all. And I'll admit that my mixing is awful.....

Still, glad you otherwise liked the song. ^_^