Reviews for "Digimon D-portal V2.0"

I really like this. BUT...

There are a couple of key issues I have with this game... The first and greatest is that there aren't really any proper instructions for this game, no 'how to play' section that ADEQUATELY explains everything I need to know to play this game. Dx (Unfortunately, your instructions in the author comments didn't really do it for me, as I still found myself wondering what some things did, how to fix other things, and whatnot.) For instance, I don't know what the Jar with 'D-Cu' on it is supposed to do, I wasn't really sure when to give my Digimon the pill, and I downright just have no idea what the bottom-middle button (the one with the monster and 8) was supposed to do. Bottom-line, It needs better instructions is all... I realize it's based on the original D-pet, which didn't explain much either, but you can do better than that! The other issue I had was how quickly and yet slowly time moves... You have to constantly babysit the Digimon so that they don't get sick or too tired or anything, but it feels like it takes forever to progress through the evolutions. I think you could fix that by either remedying one of those problems or the other; make the game at a slower pace like the original D-pet (which admittedly might be difficult), or make it so that it's easier to digivolve faster.

On the other hand, the whole setup looks really cool, and I totally get the feeling of the style of Digimon from it... the hand-drawn characters are also pretty cool, considering you could have just stuck in Digimon pictures or sprites, but opted to make them from scratch instead... so I appreciate that. Although, I think it would have been neat if they had multiple poses and frames, instead of just the same picture that waggles around. I could tell that this is based off of the very first V-pet, and it was really cool to see Seadramon and Betamon show up. :D Although, I was curious as to whether guys like Tyrannomon or Airdramon were included in this one? (I've only ever gotten Greymon and Seadramon.) I've also had difficulty getting past Champion level, it seems like the care demands of the Champs are too great for the Virus meter (I think that's what that is?) NOT to get filled all the way.

Bottom line, it's a pretty cool game... there's definitely room for expansion and improvement, which I would love to see, but for what it is (a recreation of the virtual pets), it's pretty neat. (NOTE: Take it as a compliment that I thought it worth my time to write so much. xD Hopefully you can get past the tl;dr wall of text, hahahaha....)

great

great game, the virus was an interesting part it tenede to speed up at champion level it was fun uhm, is wargreymon the only mega?
all and all great little game and i cant want for v.3

great but needs some improvement

I liked that taking care of the digimon is based on time but the time is too fast i couldn't get past Rookie level. also maybe some choice in what we would like our digimon to be instead of basing it on how we take care of them. also instead of a death counter maybe a dedigivolver until you dedigivovle down to an egg again then a negative digivolution line like demidevimon and the like. also every one of the season one to three should be available if possible. i cant wait to see your latest version some time in the future

Loved it i miss the show

I got wargreymon when i played woot i miss this series. season 1 was the best though

ARMouros responds:

im a fan of season 3 after that the digivolving changed to much after that. season 5 was ok to- my next version will be based on season 3
thanks

Not bad

Nice game, Maybe you can add some choice for the starter, and evolve based on it's type.
But,the virus is too hard to fight, so i always died in the champion stage.
it's too fast also, maybe you can remove the DP for, med, food, and cakes.

Keep On
Sorry for bad english

ARMouros responds:

do you mean like the Accel version the best D-vice in my opinion were you can input type DNA - that is something i reley wont to do maybe in v3.0