Reviews for "BearBound"

a very good, nicely drawn, well designed game.
this was done in 3 days? WOW!
very well done.

also the different endings+medals were a nice touch, and i kept playing it for those reasons.

however, despite the awesome game mechanics and the good/funny endings, i believe that this game has a few errors/negatives:
1. its TOO hard to enter a shelter/cave. the only way for me to enter such a cave in time, is by mashing all the arrow key buttons into the direction of the cave/shelter, and FAST.
if i am slower even by a mili-second, i am already doomed.
you should add an easier way for the bear to enter the caves/safehouses, such as the spacebar, or pressing a specific button, etc etc.
2. the game has a bit of a complex map. getting around and learning the terrain can be tricky in here.
thankfully, most of the areas in the map have safehouses/caves to stay in between blizzards, but the map is too huge, vast and complicated in some corners and spots, making it really hrad o find your way back to the other achievements.
also, each time i find a different ending/achievement, i get to start the game again from scratch.
this is not very nice. i believe that we should keep playing, and if the bear has low lives, it should have full lives (3) refilled after each successfull ending.

that is all, i know that you did this in 3 days, and its great, but im giving some advice to make this game more fun, if possible.
you did a great job btw

Cute, well made, short exploration game with a few amusing endings. Could use at least another mechanic or some flavour to make the exploration more interesting, but I guess that's for another jam.

This was an okay game jam flash. It was short and simple. The medals work, and I earned them all.

I just thought. Completely at random. Lets give this game a play. And then review it. Like I do.

You are a bear. A sad, sad bear :( :( You need to run around in the snow. Hide in igloos when storm come. Try to find good life. Then happy bear again :) :) :) Everything's going to be ok. Oh look some people...

The reviewer likes the simple appeal of this game. Likes how you can play it over and over to get different endings. He sometimes wishes game included a minimap, a wider range of actions, and it wasn't so hard to get into igloos.

The simple bear in me likes this game, but wishes it had been made just a little more complicated. These games stay on site forever, well after "game jam" over.

Thank you.

short simple and fun! the only problem is there is not enough endings; it's a great game with a creative idea but it needs more endings or a sequel!